Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #36 FTY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here in Ga we have had either rain or freezing cold. We are not use to the cold down here and mainly get ice. Well on the  18th a few of us decided to try and hunt in the cold. The windchill was 9 degrees and that stinks for down here. I use to live up north as a kid but not ready for this anymore. Well we lasted about 30 minutes in the snow and ice but my buddy Luke did manage a 42 Merc. Then on the 21st it was mild out at 46 degrees so we went out again. after no luck at a few houses we hit a school that we where unsure how old it was. After a hour or so I did manage a Silver 1946 Rosie #36 FTY. We where mainly jewelery hunting. Rob and I kept saying one of these low tones will end up being gold. well after about 20 minutes Rob hollered Yellow!!  He scored a 10k w/cz ring that weighs 1.6g. first gold for our group for the year. Well that was all we got. LOL

[Image: 100_2265_zpsj9zmtepo.jpg]
[Image: 100_2267_zps6xsrerai.jpg]
[Image: 100_2271_zpsnzhxpcjk.jpg]
[Image: 100_2272_zpscmn5edun.jpg]

Rob's ring
[Image: 10k%2022115_zpscj1x2up6.jpg]
Nice Finds. I'm with you on the weather, after you get accustomed to the warm just a little cold is to much.
Cool! Where in Ga are ya?
Nice finds! Glad to hear you could get out! Miserably cold up here. And we're used to it.
Awesome! In my opinion, I don't think there's a better sight in the world, than seeing a tiny glint of silver peeking out from within the dirt, at an old place. It still gives me goosebumps to this day. I love the photo showing the silver rim in the dirt Yes What kinda camera do you use?

Congrats on a gorgeous ring for your buddy and some kickass silver, for you Beer

Joe
Outstanding, congrats!
Wild Digger, don't worry buddy they say spring is near by......
Congratulaions on braving the cold and terrific finds
Thank you all. I use a Kodak Zx5. I have a pair of Pivothead glasses but want to wait till I get some new contacts. Lol. I have a video up of the hunt on my you tube channel.
Congrats on a couple nice keepers!!
Reference URL's