Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Screen Protection and Sun Visor for most machines for under 25 cents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fabulous idea! Where are you getting those shrink bags? EBay? I like that visor too.
What a great Idea!!!!! Only warning I would give is be sure to be quick with the heat so you don't overheat the components.
(02-28-2015 12:32 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]What a great Idea!!!!! Only warning I would give is be sure to be quick with the heat so you don't overheat the components.

I was thinking the same thing, or even melting/burning the faceplate. As long as it's a quick burst though, should be no issues. This is a killer idea Yes I'm actually going to do this when I have the time. Can you give us link to where you buy the baggies?

Joe
Good idea!
(02-28-2015 12:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2015 12:32 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]What a great Idea!!!!! Only warning I would give is be sure to be quick with the heat so you don't overheat the components.

I was thinking the same thing, or even melting/burning the faceplate. As long as it's a quick burst though, should be no issues. This is a killer idea Yes I'm actually going to do this when I have the time. Can you give us link to where you buy the baggies?

Joe

That's why I say NOT to use a blow dryer.  You will heat soak the machine.  You see how fast it shrinks.  The head has never been hot immediately after shrinkage - Sorry guys I said the S - word.... About 300 degrees F is about right.

(02-28-2015 12:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

You can get the bags on ebay 8x12 PVC - 100 Gauge thick. Something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-8-X12-PVC-Shr...19fca18fc2
I love that idea. It looks great.
(02-28-2015 11:02 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous idea! Where are you getting those shrink bags? EBay? I like that visor too.

Yes - ebay.  8x12 - 100 gauge PVC.  Even after a year I didn't wear through the bag pushing on buttons.  The other thing good is you don't get all that dust up in there like the slip on covers that grind into your buttons.  You see in the video that mine looked new when I took the old one off.

Guys use common sense with the heat.  Around 300 to 350 is about right.  Don't stay in one place long.  Watch the video again before you do it.  You can see that the bag starts to shrink even when the gun is pretty far away. 
Disclaimer---
WARNING- Using the shrink bag will cause bodily damage if used as a Condom.

If you don't have a heat gun you can try a blow dryer.  Just be careful of heat soak.
Cool video and good idea too
Great video thanks
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's