Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Mystery Item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone seen anything similar, I found this on a hillside near some old placer mines. It is lead, I assume, and looks like it was deliberately shaped into a small cube. It weighs pretty close to 1/2 ounce troy. Wondering if might be a field made gold scale weight?
Thanks
I'm sure some of the hard core relics guys will chime in with a possible id. I have NO idea on this one, couldn't even venture a guess.

Joe
Huh
It's a Gold Rush Chiclet

Sorry Cap not sure what it is but I find lead in all kinds of weird shapes.
Gold Rush Chiclet!
LOL
That was the first thing my wife said when I showed it to her!
Thanks, anyway
It is probably an ingot. Lead was used so much back in the day for almost everything. Ingots were normally shaped so they were easy to carry. it was more than likely destined to become a mini ball or a round ball.
That is porobably true jmabercrombioe. It does look like it was made for easy melting
Personally I think it is way too small to be an ingot. Most ingots came in bars or strips that could be used to make several bullets at one time. They would smelt it and make several bullets from the same melt. I would almost consider it camp lead and maybe some one made it just for the heck of it!

Just my two cents.
Thank you to everyone for the input!
Caprock
My guess would be some sort of gaming/gambling piece. 
The only thing that keeps me from saying that it is 100% a game piece is that most I've seen have an 'x' across one side.  
Definitely an oddity though.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's