Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bondic Plastic Mender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where I read about this stuff called Bondic but I watched a few videos on the stuff and it got my interest up. This is a plastic mender, it is not a glue but more like a clear liquid plastic that when cured (by the UV LED, all of 4 seconds) can be shaped if needed, you can actually make stuff with it (but it wouldn't be cost effective unless small). I can see it as a quick fix for cracks in water detectors, could be an Excalibur users best friend....

I thought it could be a really good product to have on hand for all those odd broken pieces of plastic laying around and when the knob on my boot dryer broke the other day I ordered the stuff. Well, I'm not disappointed, my dryer knob is fixed in under a minute and now ready to go back on the dryer.

I really believe this stuff could save the day for water hunters.... crack in a case, broken knob, seal that CTX battery compartment up (just a joke!).

They have a video where they repair a copper pipe and then pressurize it to around 90 psi .....no leaks

IF you think you might have a use for something like this and don't want to have a waiting period for drying time, do an internet search for Bondic on the net.... $21 for the kit, it supposedly won't dry out and should last a long time unless you are trying to stop the leaks in a boat that has a screen door for a bottom..... Blushing

Cliff
Thanks Cliff,

Sounds like it could have a thousand uses.

Mike
Good idea, I'll check it out, thanks.
Sounds like a great product. Thanks for the info.
good tip, I might pick some soon probably depot or lowes item
Reference URL's