Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AT Pointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received my AT pointer yesterday morning. I have to say I really like it. The settings are easy to use and the sensitivity is better than on the standard model. It rains a lot here and having the ability to stick the pointer under the faucet to clean it is a nice feature. Some don't like the orange color. Conversely I do like it. Easy to see when laying on the ground. Cheers !
I like the orange color too. I have lost items and they are very hard to find in the areas we go to do this hobby.
That's good to hear! Tell us about any falsing issues. I'm on my second old model and it's being "Iffy" now and then but still works pretty good.

Ed/ODF
Your second? 
Why is that? Don't they last or did you lose one?
I have two also , for a back up. Both have been back to Garrett and rebuilt under warranty and Garrett is good about that , but the second time is only a 90 day thing. If they break or go nuts again I'll have to replace one and I want to see where someone takes one of these ATs out and really uses and abuses it for 6 months. Please , take it out and use it like a tool and not a toy and report back to us after you have dug about 5000 coins using it.
Went out and played for a couple of hrs with my AT Pointer. So far it doesn't false when I apply pressure in the hole. And no , please don't go there. LOL
(03-19-2015 10:56 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Your second? 

Didn't lose it. It was falsing like crazy after 16 months so I sent it back. They replaced it with a new one. Now on this new one if you have it on for more than 2 minutes it starts sputtering for no good reason even when my sensitivity is set low on the SE. I noticed that when I have a fresh battery in it, it works fine. But after a couple of days use it starts the chattering beeps. Don't know whether it's the unit or the batteries. Energizer alkalines.

Ed/ODF
Well you could try a different brand of battery but it sounds like you are getting reeady to call them and ask about it
(03-20-2015 08:36 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2015 10:56 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Your second? 

Didn't lose it. It was falsing like crazy after 16 months so I sent it back. They replaced it with a new one. Now on this new one if you have it on for more than 2 minutes it starts sputtering for no good reason even when my sensitivity is set low on the SE. I noticed that when I have a fresh battery in it, it works fine. But after a couple of days use it starts the chattering beeps. Don't know whether it's the unit or the batteries. Energizer alkalines.

Ed/ODF

Ed I had the same problem, chance out batteries and working find now.
Reference URL's