Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Aluminum Uncle Sam Coin-trashiest site ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got out early yesterday. Met up with a guy at an old city lot where there used to be houses 100 years ago and longer. He told me he had hunted there before and there was alot of trash. He wasn't kidding. I took the new T2 with the little 5" coil. I couldn't move the coil without constant iron grunts and screaming shallow junk. Certainly not music to the ears. I know there has to be some great stuff somewhere under all the trash. I just have to find the sweet spots and start diggin everything. My best coin I got was aluminum. The brooch piece and lipstick are pretty cool. It's George W. Luft Pink Queen lipstick. Says Tangee on the other end. Later on I went out in the backyard and dug a few hits. I couldn't believe it but I dug another wheatie out there. I got the little clasp piece out there too.
AWESOME token, Will! What does it say? I like the marlin?, too, as well as the piece with the floral design Yes

Did you meet the other detectorist online, or he just so happened to be hunting when you got there?

Joe
(03-22-2015 03:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]AWESOME token, Will! What does it say? I like the marlin?, too, as well as the piece with the floral design Yes

Did you meet the other detectorist online, or he just so happened to be hunting when you got there?

Joe

That's a play money quarter. The guy I was with is Pete. We met while detecting at the park one day. I'm sure we will get out together again. I forgot to mention that he dug a Pittsburgh Police button that was pretty sweet and an old cap gun.
Congrats on some neat stuff!! Went out today myself and got ABSOLUTELY SQUAT!
Not even a memorial! Momma said I'd have days like this!! LOL

Ed/ODF
Congrats on a good cache!
Nice digs, I love finding tokens - they make the hobby fun
Reference URL's