Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: *Detecting Dish Interview* Minelab GO-FIND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah Joe I agree. I'm not trying to down it. I think they look great for beginners. Honestly I think Og might give up trying to dig a 7" coin. He's real good at diggin 3" pulltabs. The design and the Bluetooth app features should have these things flying off the shelves. It's innovative and interesting. I wish Og didn't already have 3 detectors. I'd be buying a Go Find 60 for sure.
Joe great interview . I will see what I can do next LOL. You should of asked if you could test one out for feedback here on the forum .And I see that he joined the forum.
(03-23-2015 06:11 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Joe I agree. I'm not trying to down it. I think they look great for beginners. Honestly I think Og might give up trying to dig a 7" coin. He's real good at diggin 3" pulltabs. The design and the Bluetooth app features should have these things flying off the shelves. It's innovative and interesting. I wish Og didn't already have 3 detectors. I'd be buying a Go Find 60 for sure.

This is a discussion community, Will, with extra emphasis on the word "discussion". So, the honest, open, civil exchange of opinions & thoughts are not an issue. Let's be real...

There's not many $300 machines (or less) that can handle mineralized sand and/or a saltwater beach. That ALONE, if it delivers in the field, would be worth the price of the machine itself, IMO. Much less, all of the other features/functions. Again, are these being billed as competitors to CTX's & GPX's, absolutely not. We have to measure these by their own yardsticks, and if we do, that's a much fairer comparison. In short...

I agree with you Happy A GO-FIND would be great for someone like Og, or anyone else newer to the hobby, or even someone more seasoned looking for a backup unit for a friend, or to take into the field.

(03-23-2015 07:35 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Joe great interview . I will see what I can do next LOL. You should of asked if you could test one out for feedback here on the forum .And I see that he joined the forum.

Yes, he is now an official Treasure Classifieds member Happy

Joe
Well that was a great interview Joe and I'm glad you had a chance to talk to Gary. The way I see it is the phone app aspect is probably the greatest idea to come out on a detector since white bread or prostitution. Think about it. Everyone is connected one way or another and Minelab has just bitten off a chunk of the detector market by making 2 of the machines integral with smart phones for various "user friendly" and targeted apps. And as you know, the smartphone has just about eliminated the PC and laptop in some cases. It's a bold move by Minelab to make an investment decision in this manner and especially in the lower end consumer/beginner market with such sleek, stylish machines. I can also see that the light bulbs have probably already gone on there in Australia to take the higher end machines to the same level or beyond and that this little niche market, which if properly handled, could be a very good test of what to shoot for against what XP Deus brings and whatever else may be in the works by other manufacturers. We are witnessing the "Next Generation" of detectors. I never thought I would see it in my lifetime.

Brabo Minelab!!!YesYesYes

Ed/ODF
Great interview Joe, I wanted more infromation on these new bad boys and am getting really excited espically the part about the phone app. I would like to hear more about how or what it will do for me and this crazy hobby.

Thanks again
Thanks, I enjoyed it!
A machine that can auto track out wet salt sand and water that can fit in a shoebox under $300 would be a cool unit to take on a vacation.  I think they need to keep working on the small lightweight smartphone type upper machines as well.  Can you imagine an etrac in the Go-Find configuration?
Wow great interview. As you know I haven't had a chance to look at them a whole lot yet as I am still on vacation yet and detecting 12 hrs a day, Things will really change when I get home next week.
As for the Go Find I have them on order already and everyone is talking about them and want to be the first on the list for one.
I myself will have one just for the car to have a machine that doesn't take up much room, and can take and go. Depth will not be a problem as I know it will get deep enough to find everything I need. And Me myself I do not need the smart phone app as my phone is smarter than me.
I didn't get to much time go over everything said and still need to look at the Minelab Website but did they say if they have built in speakers,
I wish they had 1/4 inch jack for head phones but I will survive.
Great looking machine and cannot wait to give them a spin should be fun
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's