Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Newbie's Greetings from the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day ladies and gentlemen!

I am Josh, I hail form the United Kingdom, and I'm a total newbie to detecting.

In fact, I do not yet have a detector, though I have used them in the past and I am very keen in starting this as a hobby.

However, I am struggling trying to find a good detector for my budget. I have had recommendations for several, but I've ended up looking at two, the Garrett 250 and the Garrett 350 or AuroAce. 

Now a Garrett 250 comes in at £190 in the UK, the 350 is more, however I found this on E-bay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-DETECTOR...5d561e773f

I'm looking for opinions on whether or not this is a good deal? I'm sure it is as the PinPointer Pro is between £60-90 by itself. Mainly though, is this legit or a knock off scam? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Josh
Soon to be a Digger - Josh! Welcome to the forum. Those are good starter machines but I don't own them and can't give an accurrate read out on them.

There are many clubs in the UK, I suggest that you get into one or more depending on your time.
Nowadays instead of telling folks to buy what I use - I tell them to buy a good used detector that was top of the line two or three years ago.
That is where the club comes in - you meet people and they will help

Good luck and keep us posted

Bigtony - NJ, USA

PS: the Mold club did make a few trips to NJ as our club made to the UK a few years back
Welcome aboard!
Welcome to the forum.

The package deal looks to be legit as the seller has over 4000 feedback with a 100%.

As long as you deal with a Dealer you should be fine.

You are in a great part of the world for this hobby!!

Good luck

Ron
Welcome Josh to the forum .
Welcome Josh. That eBay dealer does look legit. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy and may your finds be great.
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio!! Great to have a member here from such a great place to detect. Haven't too much of a clue as to choice on your detector selection but get the most for you pounds, so to speak, as you do have some experience.

Ed/ODF
Welcome, thanks for joining our site, Josh Happy

Joe
Reference URL's