Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detected a Private home in NJ Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend waited until this morning to say yes - can you come over. He waited until the last minute but hey - this is a crazy hobby and you have to go with the flow.
First off his home is 120 years old and it was a big beauty. Grate looking molding and wooden floors and stairs - well you get the picture. He is moving in June and that is probably why he said yes.
I brouoght a Fisher CZ 7 to use - it's a little old but much easier to use for a beginner.
We detected together most of the time and after I explained how to use it he found two wheat cents and a few clad coins. The wheat cents were about 7 inches down.
I found a 1954 dog license, a 1943 Washington quarter and two wheat cents.

He asked if I would go to a beach with him before he moves to Fla. I guess he is trying to decide if this hobby is for him after he moves.
Nice, love the old dog tag.
Looking good ! You will have to bring him to our next meeting. Sounds like he is hook on detecting now.
And I love the Washington!
Nice digs. There has to be some older stuff there too.
Nice finds Tony, I love finding dog tags.
Nice dog tag, congrats!
Thanks everyone, it was good to get out and that was my first private in a very long time.
Reference URL's