Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another Huge Find in Good Ole England!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, just when I thought there wouldn't be any more huge finds in England - Bam Bam
another one and this one was during a local metal detecting organized hunt to boot.
It gets more drama - the guy who made the find just before they were going to quick for the day - get this - he had to scrape up some cash for gas -
Too crazy - this guy needed gas money on the day of the hunt!
Decide for yourself - here is the link to a long story with phoot's too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...field.html

Still - congratulations to him - he is one lucky fellow and very very happy he went detecting that day!
Holy cow, what a find!
The grandfather-of-four said he will share some of his fortune with his metal detector friends  - a customary tradition with a big find"

Tony remember this on your next big find. And I consider you a friend. Cool

Thanks for sharing.
Great story Tony.

I read somewhere that since recorded history began there have been 3.1 trillion ounces of silver mined on this planet.

Of that 3.1 trillion, 1.6 trillion ounces is accounted for and 1.5 trillion ounces is still out there, somewhere. And not in iPhones!

They got a good chunk but I'd suggest we keep searching!!!!

Ed/ODF
Hello Kajunman, please don;'t hold you breadth waiting for that to happen!

ODF\Ed, wow those are some crazy numbers - almost half of the mined silver is missing, wow that is huge!
Tony I wish all detectorist a day like that in their life. It's such a unique hobby in that we cheer for the other guy when they find something cool.
Absolutely Amazing.  Thanks for sharing the link.
Wow!! And we get excited over dimes. I'll see you later. I need to find some gas money.
Reference URL's