Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another SLQ, Barber Quarter, Merc, Buff, Wheats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went a hiking after work to an area I have never hunted.

After 2 hours of digging trash where I thought I would find something, I gave up that spot and headed back down. On the way down I hit a wheat signal and sure enough that's what it was. So I said, "Okay, let's see what else could be here.".

In a 10 foot by 10 foot area, I found 4 more wheats, a no date buff, a no date SLQ, a 1908 D Barber quarter, a 1929 Merc and another wheat on the fringe of the above area, the 56 D. In that order. All this after spending almost an hour scoping out just that 100 square foot area.

Although I was certain on the SLQ and the Barber being quarters before I dug, both being about 5" down, the Merc, which laid about 6" from the Barber, gave me no indication of being a dime except for one slight blip of a 4-29 signal, and this at 28 sense. All the other info on the target was VID useless, except for the "tone". Now I dug a lot of nail trash today and when I hear a silver, sometimes the tone is exceptional. It was here too but a quiet one. Found the girl at 7 inches down in the side of the plug, already about 2 inches into the clay/sand substrate under the peat. This area was also heavy in iron mineralization but I was running with IM off because the machine gun like rat, tat, ta, tat, just doesn't bother me. It's the shrill high tone I listen for.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed/ODF
Ed,you are killing it man!!! Good job!!
Thanks Ray! Just trying to keep you guys awake. Leo's killing me though!! LOL!
Nice job! Yes
Your doing alright there Ed !!! Sometime you need to forget the numbers and go more by the sound. I know with my etrac when I pinpoint a good target and the sound drops down it is normal a silver coin. Keep it up and you will hit 100 silvers this year.
WOW-- Nice pile of keepers!! Congrats!
Wow! That's a nice haul! Congrats!
ODF|Ed, wow and wow and a big wow! You are the man, hiking and stuff for exercise and then BAM BAM BAM - you hit a silver mine! Congratulations on those beauties!
Holy cow Ed. Amazing hunt. I wonder if there are anymore 10 foot honey holes around there.
Very nice silver, Ed. The soil where you hunted must be very acidic based on the condition of the wheats and Buff. Gerry
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's