Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Thanks Treasure Classifieds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We got our scale, metal testing kit, and magnifier today. It's really a nice kit. It pays to post on this forum. Thanks Joe.
Nice! I use those little cases the magnifiers come in for important coin finds. Couple cotton balls stuffed in there makes a great protective container. Got my loop hanging from a string on my sling pouch. Have fun testing and best of luck Will!!

Ed/ODF
(04-22-2015 06:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! I use those little cases the magnifiers come in for important coin finds. Couple cotton balls stuffed in there makes a great protective container. Got my loop hanging from a string on my sling pouch. Have fun testing and best of luck Will!!

Ed/ODF

Thanks Ed. Those are some good ideas. I think I will carry the loop with me too. Will help to make out Dates on crusty old coins.
Hello Pittsburgwill, that looks like a great bunch of items. I can't wiat to get that for helping me in this crazy hobby!
Awesome-looking items William!
RJ Hi
Sweet!!! You deserve it, you're one of our best members, Will. At this point, we consider you a lifer! Tongue Did you test any metals out?

Joe
(04-27-2015 08:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet!!! You deserve it, you're one of our best members, Will. At this point, we consider you a lifer! Tongue Did you test any metals out?

Joe

Yeah we tested some gold and silver. It works great. We also found out that if you try testing cheap aluminum rings the scratch marks won't come off the stone.
(04-27-2015 09:29 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2015 08:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet!!! You deserve it, you're one of our best members, Will. At this point, we consider you a lifer! Tongue Did you test any metals out?

Joe

Yeah we tested some gold and silver. It works great. We also found out that if you try testing cheap aluminum rings the scratch marks won't come off the stone.

Yes, true. I took some stuff to a jeweler a couple years ago, and I remember watching him as he tested several pieces for me. His stone was all marked up, looked like chinese hieroglyphics on it, lol. I asked him how often he has to replace his stone, and he said about once per month since he did a lot of testings. For you though, the small stone should last you a while...unless you just start going nuts and decide to test a million things in like a couple of days!

Joe
Well I know not to scratch any gumball machine rings on it anymore.
Congrats Will. A nice  addition to your detecting utensils.
Reference URL's