Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: May 1st and I score two silvers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was on a hot streak back late March and first half of April. Then things cooled off - my hot spots ran cold as ice....still there were wheat cents but hey that not fun - is it?
Today - I hit the tough ground they call picnic area....man it is pull tab, bottle cap and crap heaven. I know I am crazy but so is this hobby.
I was able to pull out a small cracked silver ring - (no real weight to it) and (no brag) a 1928 mercury dime (that broke the dry spell) and 6 wheat cents. Some clad and a boy scout emblem.

Good luck to all who get out and to those who aren't getting out - don't worry it's waiting for you when you feel the need to detect!
Nice finds Tony and you've got more guts than I do in picnic areas. Congrats on picking up your slack! And wheats ain't nothing to sneeze at. They're great finds. Sometimes you gotta do the passes to test the ground. You did a great job at that today. I really hate those areas. It's a signal nightmare!!!!

Ed/ODF
Great way to start a new month. Got out today also no silver but my clad count is going up.
Thanks guys,but it is not guts to hunt a picnic area, IT"S JUST CRAZY!
You are right about all of the signals going into your head at one time - ouch!
My secret is -
Small coil, change some settings on the old machine and go slow. And act like you don't hear all of those signals - yeah right!
Where there is trash there is treasure. Great finds.
Great finds Tony. Still can't believe how much silver you folks in the north are able too find.
Finds are where you can get them. Good keepers!
Thanks PittsburgWill, great new motto - "Where there is trash there is Treasure" ---- I lke it.....

Kjunaman, I am lucky to be in the city near NYC that had plenty of activity since wat back. You need to find spots that had activity in your area - you can do it too
Reference URL's