Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st Lake/Beach Hunt Of The Season Scores The Good Stuff :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

took the old trusty SurfMaster II out for a 7 hr lake/beach hunt on lake Michigan last weekend using a wetsuit as water temperature was only in the lower/mid 50s -- spent about 4.5 hrs in the water and 2.5 hrs on land/beach on a once private beach that is now open to the general public to walk/etc since the law/s changed here in Michigan 2 or 3 yrs back which states: The Michigan Supreme Court determined that the public has a right to walk along the shores of the Great Lakes, even on privately-owned land. Lakefront property owners may own the land down to the water’s edge, but the public trust doctrine nevertheless allows the public to walk on the land between the water’s edge and the “ordinary high water mark,” the place on the shore up to which the presence and action of the water is so continuous as to leave a distinct mark. Big Grin

pile of clad ($2.25)
Men's large bent up .925 sterling ring (found in chest high water)
small ladies garnet type ring 14k gold (found near shore in knee deep water)
not shown are 27 zincolons/pennies and about 1000 pull tabs & chunks of foil that I dug too (td)

[Image: hddf%20001_zpstmxj0bz8.jpg]

[Image: pik%20002_zpshdjeores.jpg]

[Image: pik%20004_zpsu4tss0dv.jpg]

[Image: pik%20003_zpsvq1xvpkv.jpg]
Awesome.
Nice rings there MRH! WTG!!! Great law too!!
Nice gold ring. I like that fancy baret holding it too.
Nice rings!
Yikes that's some cold water MRH. Kudos to you. Love the rings which makes those pull tabs seem not so bad.
Cool digs!
Water hunting on a HOT day my kind of hunt. Some nice looking rings.
Nice yellow, Wayne Yes Man, do I miss beach hunting. I don't think anything can beat the history of coins & relics, but seeing gold in the scoop is freakin awesome. My weapon of choice was a CZ21. That thing was DEEP. Unfortunately, nearest beach is an hour drive away, so it's tough to get in the surf often. I'm dying to try the ATX on the beach. Probably dig a TON of boat anchors and bobby pins!

Joe
Reference URL's