Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What does everyone do with their wheaties?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-17-2013 12:59 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013 11:56 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013 11:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013 11:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]You throw away money?

You throw away indians too?

No, not Indians...not in a million years. Just the memorials & wheats. I know, kinda crazy, but, that's me Tongue

Ray, lets pool our wheats & save up for a CTX. You can use it one week, then send it to me, and vice versa, lol.

Joe

So you would cherish a 1908 penny and throw a 1909 in the trash.  That makes no sense.

Well, Indian heads are a thing of beauty to me, one of the best designs ever. Don't get me wrong, I still have bags & bags of wheats tucked away, but, on my hunts nowadays, I only find a handful per outting, a fair amount of which are toasted, so, instead of hoarding 5 here, or 6 there, I just trash'm.

I am new, so I never hunted when silver and wheat was everywhere. I keep all of mine. Even the occasional ones I find in my pocket change. If you don't want yours, you could send them to me. I'll pay the shipping.
Keep at it Will, and pretty soon you'll get wheats most everyhunt. The novelty wears off after awhile. I still check the dates, have two very nice 09s that are worth a little, everything else is worth 1 cent, lol. I sell my common silver every now and then too. Its paid for a new toy or two..
(08-17-2013 10:07 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]I tumbled a bunch once, and found out there was 5 or6 indians hiding in the wheat pile.

Yeah- that is like double surprise!!

I tumbled my clad and found 2 silver rosies once!!
As with anything else in life, just keep learning, swinging your detector, hitting the right spots and I assure you, the wheats (and silver) will follow. Maybe some gold, too Yes

P.S. - I'll do one better, Will. Once I save up about 50 or 60 wheats, I'll send them to you to start your collection...no postage necessary. Be forewarned though, most of the wheats I dig are NOT pretty, lol. They usually come out looking like they went through 5 world wars, which again, is one of the reasons I normally trash'm. I think they'll make a good home with you, though Happy

Joe
(08-17-2013 01:46 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]As with anything else in life, just keep learning, swinging your detector, hitting the right spots and I assure you, the wheats (and silver) will follow. Maybe some gold, too Yes

P.S. - I'll do one better, Will. Once I save up about 50 or 60 wheats, I'll send them to you to start your collection...no postage necessary. Be forewarned though, most of the wheats I dig are NOT pretty, lol. They usually come out looking like they went through 5 world wars, which again, is one of the reasons I normally trash'm. I think they'll make a good home with you, though Happy

Joe

That sounds great. I have found some real crusty ones too. A light scrub with brillo takes the crud right off. I often have to do that just to see the date. I would like to put a collection of every date together. My oldest is 1910.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's