Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A weird old lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got out for a little while this morning. I wasn't finding much. Then I got a screaming high tone. I pulled something pretty big out of the wet clay. Turned out to be a lock in the mucky ball of muck. It says Eagle Lock Company Terryville CT USA. I tried finding one online, but can't find any pictures of one like this. Every lock I see the whole round top part opens. This one only half opens. Like a handcuff. Probably the coolest thing I've dug this year. Maybe someone here will know something about it. I dug some real crusty pennies in the muck too.
That's an awesome lock, Will! The opening doesn't appear much bigger than the coins, could it be a finger lock? Where did you find it, in the woods? Wet clay...a park?

Joe
(07-04-2015 05:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's an awesome lock, Will! The opening doesn't appear much bigger than the coins, could it be a finger lock? Where did you find it, in the woods? Wet clay...a park?

Joe

Dug up street clay. It's been raining constantly around here. The rivers are so bad that they canceled all water events at the REGATTA.
(07-04-2015 05:25 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2015 05:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's an awesome lock, Will! The opening doesn't appear much bigger than the coins, could it be a finger lock? Where did you find it, in the woods? Wet clay...a park?

Joe

Dug up street clay. It's been raining constantly around here. The rivers are so bad that they canceled all water events at the REGATTA.

You hit a street tearout? If you found that there, I'd go back and dig everything that isn't nailed down. Be thankful, as it is VERY hard for us in NJ to get any sizable rain this time of year. Between the dry ground, the heat/humidity, the tall grass/overgrowth in the woods & the skeeters, going out can feel like a chore.

Joe
Man Will, real decent lock and in pretty good condition! YesBeer I agree with Joe about the tearout. Ain't got any idea about the locks history, yet. I'll do some looking too!

ODF
This is the same place I found the little blue bottle. They dumped a bunch of dirt there while putting in new sewer lines. The place is loaded with iron. When I hit that lock it was amazing to get such a clear signal that wasn't grunty. I had the T2 set on 3 tone. It was screamin and the numbers bounced from 79 to 85. A great hit. I will be there again.
Thats a bitchin lock Will. Where is Micah Moore? He bought a big book on  locks.
Great lock Will. Here is information on the company https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Lock_Company
Will that's an awesome lock. One of my main detecting buddies goes by the name of lockster99 on another blog. He loves finding old locks. He'd be jealous for sure.
Cool Lock!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's