Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Kajun, I was thinking this through and remembered my first silver. It was a 44 Merc in a trashy spot I'd hunted before with my Delta 4000. It was November of that year and she turned out to be my only silver. But it was with a new 5x10 coil. So when I found it, I said to myself, in a glad and surprised way, "Son of a Bitch!". I tread the woods in out of the way places, trying to feel the history of the area, thinking about where campsites might have been, looking for clues, digging signals, taking note mentally of what I find and where I find it, where did the hunters take a break, what kind of firearms were they using, were they birding, raccooning or going for buck? You never know what's out there until you put yourself and your coil out there to test the area and see what's what. Since then I've been saying that little phrase quite a bit. Every place is a hunt for a detectorist. Anywhere you can swing your coil. Remember just that and you'll be "Son of a Bitch!" 'n a lot of stuff!

ODF
Ed, that's a GREAT story! I think this might be an interesting topic for a standalone thread Yes Now I know why I pay you the big bucks Tongue

Joe
(07-06-2015 07:10 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, that's a GREAT story! I think this might be an interesting topic for a standalone thread Yes Now I know why I pay you the big bucks Tongue

Joe

And you alone took away the like button.Chuckle
Kajunman....Nice Job!!!  Can't say much than everyone else has already said. 
That first silver seems to be what turns the corner for a lot of us. You either throw in the towel or you go back out and hit it even harder than before.  That feeling when you see silver in your hand never gets old!
Congrats!!
ODF I just rode by that park again with my wife. It's a very small park but it was packed with people. I think I will hit it on an ly morning before everyone shows up. Sunday mornings most people sleep in. I think a 5:3 am hunt would be good.

Love to hear your stories ODF. You fella's round here who've been  hunting for a while keep me inspired.

(07-06-2015 08:48 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Kajunman....Nice Job!!!  Can't say much than everyone else has already said. 
That first silver seems to be what turns the corner for a lot of us. You either throw in the towel or you go back out and hit it even harder than before.  That feeling when you see silver in your hand never gets old!
Congrats!!

SLC July 5 , 2015 will forever be ingrained in  my mind. TY sir.
Terrific! That is the best part of the hobby - sharing and enjoying what we all do!
Way to go kajunman, you are now officially on the board. Congrats!
(07-07-2015 01:55 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go kajunman, you are now officially on the board. Congrats!

Ty Leo. One of my detecting buddies said I was devirginized. LOL
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's