Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hadn't been hunting in three weeks. Work has me swamped. So yesterday I decided to hit a very tiny obscure park not far from where I live. There weren't any people there when I arrived. I pull out my ATP and swung a little bit in the tot lot and found some clad. Then I went over to the single bench seat that's in this tiny park. Two swings in I get a strong signal 4" down. I dug down and out pops my first Rosie. Finally. I'm 18 months into the hobby and silver had eluded me so many times. It's not real old but for me it was a thrill. I text my wife and told her I was so excited. Thanks for looking.
[attachment=6102]
Congrats on the silver. You never forget your first. Location is key to most all detecting. Research the history of your area then try those places.
(07-06-2015 06:46 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the silver. You never forget your first. Location is key to most all detecting. Research the history of your area then try those places.

Red though this park is near my house and I did find it on google earth. It's so off the beaten path that , unless you live in that neighborhood near by you wouldn't ever know it's there. I had to  leave with so many people showing up. Doesn't it seem like detectors are people magnets ?

And oh no I will never forget my first Rosie. It was just awesome for me. I have a ways to go but hey , ya gotta start someplace. And thanks.
Congrats on your first Kajun!!! One of many to come. Once the bug bites you'll be at it for a long time!

ODF
Thank you ODF. I truly appreciate it. And yup I've been bitten hard. Love this hobby.
Cool beans Yes

I remember the 1st silver dime I ever found...

It was also at a park (along a sidewalk) in an area the "old timers" of that time said was pounded dry/nothing left to find!

That was around 1980!

Beer
(07-06-2015 06:37 AM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't been hunting in three weeks. Work has me swamped. So yesterday I decided to hit a very tiny obscure park not far from where I live. There weren't any people there when I arrived. I pull out my ATP and swung a little bit in the tot lot and found some clad. Then I went over to the single bench seat that's in this tiny park. Two swings in I get a strong signal 4" down. I dug down and out pops my first Rosie. Finally. I'm 18 months into the hobby and silver had eluded me so many times. It's not real old but for me it was a thrill. I text my wife and told her I was so excited. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on your first, you're never gonna forget it...mark my words Wink If there was one, there are probably others. Get out there and keep digging, the stuff IS out there Beer

(07-06-2015 08:24 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool beans Yes

I remember the 1st silver dime I ever found...

It was also at a park (along a sidewalk) in an area the "old timers" of that time said was pounded dry/nothing left to find!

That was around 1980!

Beer

I envy you guys that were around hunting then! I'd give my left arm to be able to go back to that time for just one week, with today's machines, so I can experience a bit of what y'all did. How many detectors do guesstimate you've been through over the years, Wayne?

Joe
I don't worry about people when I'm detecting as long as its legal I feel I have nothing to fear. Some people look at you like why are you digging holes destroying our park but if you do it right you can't even tell where you dug. I don't jump up and down every time I find something like you see on some of the shows so I just don't try to attract to much attention to myself. I also work nights most of the time so I go early morning and not as many people out. Don't let people scare you off you have just as much right to be there as they do you pay your taxes same as they do.
Congratulations on your first of many silver finds! Now let the games begin!
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

I will go back. Gonna do like Red I think , go early in the morning.

(07-06-2015 11:10 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on your first of many silver finds! Now let the games begin!

Tony I won't lie. I thought about you about 5 minutes after I dug it. All the lamenting I've done and you told me to stick with it. Well , BOOM. LOL
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's