Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: With changed settings I finally break my dry spell and grab # 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals, finally break my dry spell while testing out different frequencies but I don't believe if that added me in finding a SLQ today, 1927 but I dinged it. ouch two times! Bummer too because it has a nice date.
As always - No Brag here - I am just happy to have broken my dry spell.
I realize some folks posting here are not finding silver coins but - If you persist and try different places and or settings - good thing will come your way - my favorite tip is to go really slow but my second favorite tip is to try and figure out where this stuff is still hiding.
The small looking gold chain parts were down about five inches. I read up that I should dig 11-04s and this time it was pay dirt. When I get enough for a testing kit then I will know for sure if it is gold or silver or crap. It is very light and the pin pointer helped me find all of the pieces. The rest must have been hit by a lawn mower because they weren't in the hole I dug.
SS bracelet was at a tot lot where I began today testing # 2 frequency. I did think it helped make coin finds a bit smoother and it did pin point deeper coins well.
You can see that I am excited today - Italian talk with their hands and my fingers can't stop typing......
HH
Fabulous find Tony, nicked or not!! I've yet to find an SLQ with a date on it! And congrats on the little gold chain compilation. I hope it turns out to be just that!! You have broken the barrier, keep on swinging!!! YesYesYesBeer

ODF
Terrific SLQ, Tony!!! Experimenting seems to have helped in your quest for silver. And what a way to break the drought than with a BIG silver Yes How deep was it?

Joe
Congrats Tony. Just think you're only 17 a head of me for the year. LOL. Awesome find Tony. Thrilled for ya.
Nice find a SLQ with a date wow. Hope the chain is gold too.
Thanks to all!
It put a smile on my face really quick.

It was about 5 inches down but in the bad dirt - red type of soil with little rocks around it. I guess that is why I dinged it - it was on the side of the hole. Too hard to dig a larger plug soil was dry as a desert cement.

Yeah, I changed the frequency to a 2 from 6 but as I said the jury is still out on that change. I am not convinced just yet.
Sweet quarter!!! That does look like gold too.
Nice score on the Standing Lib. !!!!!!
WTG Tony!! Nice score!!
Thanks guys, this one was a real surprise and defineatly why I dinged it. Oh well, it happens every now and then
Reference URL's