Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Best metal detector under $1000?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-21-2015 08:38 PM)mountaingoat Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been using the at pro for around 3 years now, and i can say once you learn the machine inside and out, its deadly.  I mostly hunt relics, in places LOADED with iron and the AT has an awesome iron discrimination with an iron audio option.  I use my machine in the pro zero option, if i am hunting a place that is just too loaded with iron, i set the machine on pro zero, iron discrimination at 28 and turn iron audio on.  It works extremely well with that.  I also have the nel snake coil which works awesome as well.  Now this is all my personal opinion but i really cant think of another machine this versitile for under 1k.  And its water proof too. Anyways good luck and happy hunting

Mountain, I was using the Gold, and it was AMAZING at how good it was able to snipe keepers from within junk. I used it exclusively with Iron Audio on, as I just wanted to hear the high tones chirp through all of the iron grunts. Really a magically machine. They're both pretty much the same units, so, I'd agree with your thoughts. And...

It's waterproof, too, which doesn't hurt Yes

Joe
E-trac used and you will no  be disappointed. I have used the V3i and did not like it. Also have the F75ltd2. I use the E-trac first and then repound with the F75ltd2
The best detector is the one in your hand telling you to dig.
I use a Minelab E-trac & SE Pro. They are good machines, but I've been looking into getting a new one and am leaning toward the AT Pro. Everyone I talked to who has one loves it, it's waterproof to10 feet (I'm looking for a beach machine), and the price is very reasonable.  Good luck with whatever you choose though, there are a lot of good machines on the market. Happy Hunting!
(09-11-2015 10:48 PM)Detecting Diva Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Minelab E-trac & SE Pro. They are good machines, but I've been looking into getting a new one and am leaning toward the AT Pro. Everyone I talked to who has one loves it, it's waterproof to10 feet (I'm looking for a beach machine), and the price is very reasonable.  Good luck with whatever you choose though, there are a lot of good machines on the market. Happy Hunting!

From what I heard, the AT's are more fresh water machines, but I could be wrong. Just my opinion, but I'd definitely keep one of the Minelab's, too Wink

Joe
I handed over my AT Pro to my wife. I bought XP Deus.
Wife has rgh. 19 hours in it. She seems to find more then I ever did ith AT.
I go over her grids and she goes over mine. It seems we both find items over the same grids.
I missed a silver ring next to a battery with the Deus.
My hours with Deus is the same 19 hours.
AT Pro is excellent value.
(09-12-2015 07:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2015 10:48 PM)Detecting Diva Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Minelab E-trac & SE Pro. They are good machines, but I've been looking into getting a new one and am leaning toward the AT Pro. Everyone I talked to who has one loves it, it's waterproof to10 feet (I'm looking for a beach machine), and the price is very reasonable.  Good luck with whatever you choose though, there are a lot of good machines on the market. Happy Hunting!

From what I heard, the AT's are more fresh water machines, but I could be wrong. Just my opinion, but I'd definitely keep one of the Minelab's, too Wink

Joe

Don't worry, I'd never give up my E-trac...its an extension of my arm.
As stated by several others, there are a few machines you can't pick up new for under a grand... a Lot of people love their at pro's, I happen to enjoy my fisher f70 but then again a fisher f5 would be easier on your bank account.  make sure you leave enough $$ for an electronic pin pointer and trowel and or sand scoop if your going to be hitting the beaches as well.
just my 2 cents worth
HH
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's