Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Unit Opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-21-2015 10:13 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]Well the Metal Sucker 2000 is old technology.  My Metal Sucker 2100 will kick it's butt!!

Ha, that's what they all say! You just wait until that new, magical, space-age technological wunderkind everyone is gossiping about on the forums is released, the METAL SUCKER 2101!!! Aside from the extra quarter inch of depth it'll get, it also has a padded foam hand grip, a cup holder for one's beverage (beer?), a banana seat and rainbow streamers!!! I'm telling ya, this one's gonna set the detecting world on FIRE Yes

Joe
I thought about this a long time before I bought my SE Pro (used) and I agree that hype isn't everything and the buyer should be aware of his real needs. But as Joe says, a mid tier machine will do well if you dig everything. Then, of course, their are limits to the mid tier machine which have consumers in the know trying to discern which "next" machine to get. There lies the conundrum. Do you baby step up and eventually end up with an arsenal of machines, or do you leap and hope you didn't just drop $1,500 to $3,000 on a machine that might be too complicated, you'll not enjoy or you'll never use. I think if all of us were rich and beyond our means, we'd own em all, but that's not the usual case.

So I have to say that it's up to the user to make a real good assessment of what kind of hunting he does, what are the real downfalls of his current machine, which machine can really fulfill those gaps, and, last but not least, how much money can he drop on one.

Also, successful but passive hunters who know the machine they own will do what they want, in their style of hunting, may not even bother to move up. Because to them it's just a hobby. Serious ass guys like me are always looking at new tech and analyzing it in reference to "What can it do for me?". And those questions I ask myself are pretty deep sometimes.

I know some fellas are happy and have conditions where PI machines are really a great choice. I don't need them, at least from my perspective I don't. As to VLF, some members have bi polar arsenals of two types of machines, each for a purpose. This backup machine theory is what I honestly think most of the hype the manufacturer's play on us. Seems they never can come up with one that can cover all the bases. Maybe they can't buy the software or write it because of cost. The tech is out there though, where a machine CAN be made that will cover all the bases and do whatever you tell it to do. The flipping military does that with missiles and radar on jet fighters already! But we're 30 years out on that stuff.

I like Mine Labs new intervention with the Go machines, but guess what, IMHO, they're going for the new users at a very reasonable cost who are tech savvy enough to operate one of those and have a machine that is VERY COOL looking and functional with a Minelab name brand. The machine is a "Talker" in that it draws attention to itself. Now, if they give me a CTX/SE Pro combined with a GO 60, a Deus and a TDI, in a GO 60 package, well, I'd be a gettin' kinda wet.

ODF
Right now think I am kind of burn't out trying this and that...like to try them all.
getting a bit overwhelmed when there are too many detectors in the stable, then having to make a choice which one to use, or what will I miss if I use that one?
And I am trying hard not to be a collector of detectors.

At this point, getting rid of my last Tesoro after all these years liking them. Finding these days they just don't quite cut it anymore. Especially since I came across a used DeepTech Vista Gold. This is a beep and dig machine I really like overall.
I do like using it more than the Tesoros as well. It's a keeper---for now.

I have tried a lot of old and newer target ID machines, not to fond of any of them I have tried. Digital ones have too many options, menu buttons, just take too much time to deal with, rather be detecting. This year, I came up with a couple that are actually fun to use, easy to set up and hunt with, audio works with my ears and brain etc. They seem to get the job done, kind of fun to use. Tek T2 with a NEL Sharpshooter coil and the GoldBug Pro with the 5" coil. My wife would like using the GBP as well.

That's three good VLF machines, think they cover all my bases.

Last but not least is my PI, the one I build. It's a good all rounder that will not miss the small gold while ignoring small foil. Have one for land and one for water.

At least I widdled the choice down to a comfy number. Just have to keep it that way. 

You probably could just one one or two units, if you have several coils for each to cover different hunting needs.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's