Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: XP DEUS. Programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I recently gave up my trusty f75ltd and etrac. Age has caught up with me i went to a new Deus fxo2 11 in package. Now having used several European machines fors core. AKA signum. And laser. I must say of all of them the Deus 3.2 is by far a superior unit. Yes I miss my trusty f75 and my etrac but I think I'll become good friends with my Deus. OK I'm curious does anyone here use a deus? What programs have you found to be good at a trash free park and or in cornfields. I currently am testing topdeckers golden program it seems quite well thoughtout Results are good in the testbed OK HH to all tdd
(07-10-2015 07:32 PM)t dirt diggler Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all. I recently gave up my trusty f75ltd and etrac. Age has caught up with me i went to a new Deus fxo2 11 in package. Now having used several European machines fors core. AKA signum. And laser. I must say of all of them the Deus 3.2 is by far a superior unit. Yes I miss my trusty f75 and my etrac but I think I'll become good friends with my Deus. OK I'm curious does anyone here use a deus? What programs have you found to be good at a trash free park and or in cornfields. I currently am testing topdeckers golden program it seems quite well thoughtout Results are good in the testbed OK HH to all tdd

First, glad you made it on, and happy the name change was successful. As to the Deus...

There's quite a few here who use one. Michigan Relic Hunter & Deathray are the first one's that come to mind. I believe Ron CA also uses/d one, so I'm sure they'll chime in. I only know about the Deus from what I've read and seen online, and from everything I've seen, they're VERY capable, special units.

I'll let the Deus experts take it from here Yes

Joe
Hi

I have owned 2 Deus's in 3 yrs

I have tried many programs (factory and custom)

if I were you (being new to the deus) and using it in the environments/scenarios you've described here,

I would use the Basic 1 program for a good 2 weeks, GMP for another 2 and the Deus Fast for a good month just to get used to the machine, it's sounds, reactions, etc.

from there I would start tweaking those programs slightly -- as -- they are very good presets and those factory settings/programs need very little (if any) tweaking at all to produce great performance and outstanding results...

I have found some of my best finds ever using a Deus running Deus Fast with slight tweaking to the program

have found/dug a few 12" deep Large Cents, found a 3 cent silver, and a gold $1 coin as well as many other good finds using that program but you need to learn the language 1st and it helps to take it 1 step at a time ...

I'm sure others here will chime in with some info

good luck and HH -- you have a very nice/good machine there and I know you'll come to love it Yes
T dirt digger, I think you made a good choice - plenty of folks are moving away from heavy machines.

Let me know how it is too use
I'm hardly an expert with the thing but the Deus is unique if nothing else. It may well rule the world if they come out with another coil that addresses some of the issues about use in trashy areas. It's really very simple to program and change on the fly once you learn how different functions affect performance---I would say the learning curve is less than an etrac and ease of use better than the F75 but you're going to dig as much as you do with the 75 because the ID is about the same. If you're hunting trash free parks and cornfield type sites ID won't be as important as you're going to be digging most everything non iron anyway. The option of being able to program tones to ID numbers and the ground tracking/analysis system is very good which the 75 needs. I'm sure deathray can add a bunch about the gold hunting program as I've not had but a couple of hunts using that mode. No gold but it really hits on small non ferrous items like bullet casings/fragments and small shot while giving you the ability to distinguish most hot rocks.
It's a fun detector that invites you to experiment with the ease of it's operation. I would recommend the WS4 package with the headphone adapter so you can use whichever headphones you want ---I can't tell from your OP which one you have. fxo2..?
Hello fellas thank you for the replies. BigTony I tried to reply to the pm but I got a message about acct in moderation or something. About login. Not sure. OK the Deus is pretty darn interesting. Using a program by a fellow called topdecker the golden program. And reducing the disc to 4.5 and silencer to 0. I'm able to hit a quarter clad or silver at 20.5 ins and a dime clad or silver Merc at 17ins. In 11.8 kHz. These are air test numbers now in my test patch ground balance 84 my quarter is at 11.5ins and my dime a 66clad is at 9ins the deus hits them with ease. I am using v3.2 with 11in coil. Real field tests to come. Thank you for the info. HH tdd
(07-10-2015 10:56 PM)t dirt diggler Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellas thank you for the replies.   BigTony I tried to reply to the pm but I got a message about acct in moderation or something. About login.  Not sure.  OK the Deus is pretty darn interesting.  Using a program by a fellow called topdecker the golden program. And reducing the disc to 4.5 and silencer to 0.  I'm able to hit a quarter clad or silver at 20.5 ins and a dime clad or silver Merc at 17ins.  In 11.8 kHz.   These are air test numbers now in my test patch ground balance 84 my quarter is at 11.5ins and my dime a 66clad is at 9ins the deus hits them with ease. I am using v3.2 with 11in coil.    Real field tests to come.   Thank you for the info. HH tdd

Just wow. That is some serious depth.
I think people rely way too much on "programs" when hunting with the Deus.
A sites ground matrix will negate one program while perhaps enhancing another so you're much better off understanding the interaction of functions and adjusting to the site than believing in another person's setting. Unlike the V3i for instance , the Deus makes performing the important changes extremely quick and easy because of the superior menu and ergonomics. Of the factory presets , there are only slight differences in those settings to get different results with the exception of the "prospecting mode" which incorporates some interesting basic changes. My feeling is that after you become familiar with the functions by using the factory presets for awhile , if you start relying on programs others have created you are infringing upon your understanding of the machine and handicapping your own creativity.
Sir you gave me some food for thought. I will know more when I get into the field. I can certainly see you're point. I have been playing with the adjustments. Silencer is interesting. I can understand where -1 won't work everywhere. Notching. Again site dependant. Or target type dependant. I see there is a book outthere. By Andy savage. I'll look into it as well for now a few days testing of adjustments. Then into the field next week. HH tdd
(07-11-2015 10:49 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I think people rely way too much on "programs" when hunting with the Deus.

1,000% correct Yes Not only on the Deus, but for ALL machines. I'm shocked whenever I see people complacent hunting in modes/programs like "coin", "relic", etc. Custom tuned or all-metal are the only way to go, IMO. I prefer the latter option. Not that discriminate mode or a program doesn't have its time and place, as I even use it in tough spots, but I think for people to get the most of any unit, they need to push the boundaries with it most of the time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's