Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1850's Built House/Site Empty Since 1995 -- Pics! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

met up with my buddy that owns the land where I found that change purse in the video I did on it last month. This home/property shown here belongs to HIS buddy. It has been in their family for generations upon generations and he still farms the acreage and maintains the house/property even though no one's lived in the place since 1995 when his grandmother (the last one to live here) passed away.

He said we could dig all we want but if we found a jar of gold coins we had to turn them over! We just laughed and off we went Big Grin

The main part (center large part of the house) was built in the 1850s while the guy who built it lived in a log cabin on part of the property that adjoins the front yard but is part of the crop field now. This is the area I focused on heavily as well as near some of the out buildings and the backyard where it adjoins the farm field... My buddy (who more recently took up the hobby about a yr or so back) was all over the place!

I was using the CTX today and He used his AT Pro - I found way more than he did as for "good stuff" but he did find the best coin of the day (an 1895 Barber quarter in like VF cond.) at the foot of the front steps!

Worth mention:
Large Musket Ball
Couple Silvers
Injun
Buff (dateless)
Another presidential token
Silver Filigree Wedding Ring (offered it to the homeowner but said he was't interested/to keep it)!
Flat Button
Crusty unidentifiable Injun Or CW token I'm guessin
Buckle
etc.

Anyway = the pictures speak for themselves... Some junk that I dug = not shown...

Hope you'all are getting out and doing some diggin too!

[Image: BarnSite7_zpsurektmos.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite8_zpscf9qxekt.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite9_zpstrg0rccc.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite1_zpskpad9bjz.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite2_zpswkllmgbb.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite3_zps5ldpnxsh.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite4_zpshtam788b.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite5_zpsyvddle9d.jpg]

[Image: BarnSite6_zpsdkimyf9q.jpg]
Awesome MRH. Just wow. Congrats.
Oh man Wayne, I am drooling with envy to find and hunt a site like that!!! Very Fantastic hunt to find all that on one outing!! YesYesYes Hope he wasn't really kidding about that jar of gold! I tell all the passerby's on horseback who say they lost all their gold somewhere out there, "I'll put you on the list!", and they get a good laugh! Great site and great finds!!!!!!

ODF
Super stuff, LOVE the ring! If that place was built in the 1850"s, Wayne, there's obviously much more there...and probably a lot older Yes I think you've only scratched the surface. I'd throw on a bigger coil (if it isn't too trashy there) and go back after a heavy rain. If a seated or two doesn't come out of there, I'd be very surprised Yes

Joe
That place looks like it has real potential! Congratulations
Cool digs Wayne. Looks like you got an amazing site there. Is that a radiator cap in the one pic? I think I dug one just like that like last week. Mines all smashed though.
(07-13-2015 06:53 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Cool digs Wayne. Looks like you got an amazing site there. Is that a radiator cap in the one pic? I think I dug one just like that like last week. Mines all smashed though.

Close

it's an old thermostat Yes

(07-13-2015 06:45 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Super stuff, LOVE the ring! If that place was built in the 1850"s, Wayne, there's obviously much more there...and probably a lot older Yes I think you've only scratched the surface. I'd throw on a bigger coil (if it isn't too trashy there) and go back after a heavy rain. If a seated or two doesn't come out of there, I'd be very surprised Yes

Joe

Believe me - I was looking/trying HARD to find a Seated Joe! lol

The ring, musket ball, and buckle are my favorite finds out of all of it.

As you probably know (and as my forum name suggest) I much rather find/dig relics than coins (but) I do like OLD coins and especially 1870s & before... anything post 1900 I could care less about finding in the coin dept. unless you're talking either a gold coin or a key date coin (1916d merc, some of the st. libs, 32d/s washington, 21/21d walkers, etc) but outside of those = don't care because dug coins aren't worth crap and there's billions of them compared to the old rings/jewelry, buckles, buttons, etc. in the relic dept. which makes them far more rare and also far more interesting imo Wink

(07-12-2015 10:28 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man Wayne, I am drooling with envy to find and hunt a site like that!!! Very Fantastic hunt to find all that on one outing!! YesYesYes Hope he wasn't really kidding about that jar of gold! I tell all the passerby's on horseback who say they lost all their gold somewhere out there, "I'll put you on the list!", and they get a good laugh! Great site and great finds!!!!!!

ODF

Thanks Ed

and LoL at the gold find story Happy

You gotta get out of that city area and do a little door knockin though if you wanna find/dig sites like this... Maybe do a little recon on some area history of old school sites or the like out in the boonies - those can be fairly productive at times

I don't know about Ohio but here in Mich we have a online site for 1 room School houses In Michigan and it gives a list of all known for each county from the time Mich was settled and most give the location as well as if they still stand/are in use or are burned/gone, etc.

I use it now and then to find one or 2 around the area/county -- sometimes you get lucky and hit one that's not been dug too much and strike it rich!

Good luck and HH
Congrats on the nice digs!
Reference URL's