Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Looking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello: Looking for underwater treasure hunters to share sites with. Anywhere, U.S. Canada, or Caribbean I love to travel...
Wish I dove, I'd go out with you any time. Do you only dive researched spots, or do you also dive and simply wander about? What's your favorite piece of wreckage treasure you've found?

Joe
I have been detecting and treasure hunting for many many years, and have found cannon balls, tons of live ammo, early 1800/s grenades and much much more. Think of detecting areas that are ALL virgin territory. It's better than you can imagine.  The value of the treasure is within. The hunt is the thrill. The ladle I posted the other day I have found out is French, and circa 1650, and In mint condition. Think about getting certified, it's well worth it.
Also, to answer your question, I research an area, from there it's all luck. The picture above is fused glass bottles from a wreck in the Caribbean which burned for 3 days. I have also found bones, boats, bottles, motors, a plane. I could go on and on.
My buddy dives, he went to Thailand not long ago. He's huge into it. I don't doubt you for one second, as pretty much anywhere beyond 10 or 15 feet is untouched by man, except for divers. So, in essence, you have the entire ocean floor as your hunting grounds. Heck, I've seen scuba guys just going down 15 or 20 feet in a lake, and they find 4 or 5 gold rings, tons of old coins, etc. Not to say it's easy, cause it's not, but if you hit the right area, you can do a LOT better than a guy swinging a detector in a park or something.

What machine do you use underwater? What the deepest dive you've even done? Did you ever get the bends? Sorry for the newb questions, but this fascinates me.

Joe
A friend of mine does dive but as of today he still isn't a member of this forum.
When he joins I'll let him know of your intentions.
(07-15-2015 10:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]My buddy dives, he went to Thailand not long ago. He's huge into it. I don't doubt you for one second, as pretty much anywhere beyond 10 or 15 feet is untouched by man, except for divers. So, in essence, you have the entire ocean floor as your hunting grounds. Heck, I've seen scuba guys just going down 15 or 20 feet in a lake, and they find 4 or 5 gold rings, tons of old coins, etc. Not to say it's easy, cause it's not, but if you hit the right area, you can do a LOT better than a guy swinging a detector in a park or something.

What machine do you use underwater? What the deepest dive you've even done? Did you ever get the bends? Sorry for the newb questions, but this fascinates me.

Joe

Hey Joe, I use a Tesoro, Sand Shark and a Vibra Teck depending what the bottom is like. I have dove to 135' and I follow my dive computer and plan my dives carefully so I have never had an incident, Great diving today no treasure though
Cool! Took a dive course for a cruise down to Aruba back in the early 90's but I was always too busy to make a sport of it. Will love to see your finds!

ODF
[Image: scuba%201_zpsl0okktmz.jpg]

[Image: scuba%20002_zpsmeeuzrtj.jpg]

Big Grin

last name covered up to protect the innocent Rolleyes
Wow, you're certified, Wayne?! If so, I'd be hitting all those lakes by you. I can't see there being much other scuba competition in that area, which means you'll probably be finding old coins & gold by the pound! Wink

Joe
(07-17-2015 07:28 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you're certified, Wayne?! If so, I'd be hitting all those lakes by you. I can't see there being much other scuba competition in that area, which means you'll probably be finding old coins & gold by the pound! Wink

Joe

Yes

but

Yer funny Joe Chuckle

I live in Michigan = there's 4 of the 5 Great Lakes almost encircling the entire state here PLUS there's about 10,000 inland lakes throughout the state --- we have 4 full fledged Dive Shops here in Grand Rapids alone,

there are literally 1000s of divers within a 10 mile radius of me -- these guys (me included off and on) have been scouring the lake, river and stream bottoms for decades plucking artifacts, relics, bottles, coins, gold/jewelry, etc. etc.

lots of competition here No
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's