Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #40 & 41, V Nickel, IH!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the girls soccer circus started at work without a hitch and I got off early at 12:30pm. It was still breezy and overcast (Welcome to Cleveland) so I went back to another site that I found a pile of silver at this past Spring.

Found the V nickel first, thinking it was a higher tone shotgun headstamp. Then about an hour later stumbled upon the 1915 Barber dime in excellent condition, the 1896 IH, which was under a 20 inch diameter tree at 8 inches (and a real bear to dig) about 4 inches from the Barber, and after re-sweeping the spot, at 6 inches from the original Barber, 5 or 6 inches down, another Barber, but this time a 1908 D in very fine condition.

Well after using half my water bottle to clean the V and the IH and then running out of water, the sun finally came out along with the humidity and the skeeters and I said Hi Ho and headed back to the truck. I left my cigarettes at work so I was about to start smoking dried grape vines anyway.

Glad to be home today. It's been a long week. I'm posting this, taking a shower and going to take a nice long nap!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!

ODF
Man - those dimes are NICE!

Good digs Ed Yes
(07-17-2015 07:03 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Man - those dimes are NICE!

Good digs Ed Yes

The picture does not do justice to the 1915. Wayne, I'm serious, the thing looks like AU under the 20x loupe! I think it was dropped in 1915!!!!!

ODF
ODF that's some pretty sweet finds. I think you're correct about the 1915 being dropped in 1915.
AWESOME hunt, ED! I haven't found a V nickel in god only knows how long. Beautiful, terrific condition silvers there Yes

Those barbers must've been dropped shortly after being circulated. Just a tip...

I have been off the butts for about a year now. I've been on the e-cigs, more specifically, what they call a "vaping pen". These things are GOOD. Remember that "smoke" you noticed in my car during the video I uploaded? That was from the vaping pen.

Are these things healthy? Most say yes, but some still say no dice. However, I can tell you 110% definitively, from a health perspective, this thing is TREMENDOUSLY better than cigarettes. There's absolutely no tobacco smell, since there's no smoke, it's only water vapor. There's a bunch of different flavored juices you can get, but I keep it simple and just get regular tobacco flavor. They have with nicotine and without.

In essence, the vaping pens are miniature water hookahs...same thing.

I smoke mine at work, in the house, etc. It HAS helped me stop the cigs, but in all honestly, I've grown pretty attached to this thing too. I've gained about 30 extra pounds, also. Again though, nowhere near as bad as tobacco.

PM me if you want some tips on which pen to get, etc.

Joe
Wow those are some nice dimes. Looks like a 1915 pocket spill to me.
Sweet finds, your persistance pays off
Man Ed that's some nice looking silver!!!!
Reference URL's