Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detector Sub~Forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've asked similar questions before, and the general consensus was that most members don't want to see the forum become convoluted or to be scattered with too many categories. As we roll along though, there are going to be many different users using many different machines. Throwing this out there...

If we put together very simple sub~categories under one of the main areas for different machines (Minelabs, Fishers, etc.), would anyone be interested in being in charge of a particular category? In essence, you would be a mod for that specific group.

The only way I'll do this...

A) You guys think it's needed and will be helpful
B) We can get enough members to handle each of the major manufacturers products

Minelab, Fisher, Garrett, Whites & Tesoro

Of course, we can certainly do it without a mod for each brand, but I thought it would be nice to give you guys some control, and the chance to share your knowledge to help others along.

If the response is poor, or you guys feel it would be a waste, no dice.

Speak up and be heard...

Joe
I would like to see sub categories in the classified by brand especially in the coil section. I don't have a clue how to moderate or whats involved in it so no interest there. A help section by brand where you could get advise from those who know sounds cool.
(07-28-2015 04:15 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see sub categories in the classified by brand especially in the coil section. I don't have a clue how to moderate or whats involved in it so no interest there. A help section by brand where you could get advise from those who know sounds cool.

That's a great idea in reference to the classifieds, Redd Yes I'll see what can be done.

While I think we have a pretty awesome site now, it can (as with anything else in life) always be improved. I'd like to make it more user friendly, and give members the ability to share their knowledge. But first, people have to speak up, just like you did Happy

Joe
I think brand specific forums are like segregation. If you look on other forums with brand sub forums people tend to show their finds in there specific brand forum and not in the finds section.
(07-28-2015 07:07 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I think brand specific forums are like segregation. If you look on other forums with brand sub forums people tend to show their finds in there specific brand forum and not in the finds section.

That would obviously not fly. I was thinking the brand specific areas ONLY for technical type questions & answers. I myself (just being honest) am not a tech savvy person when it comes to electronics. I can tell someone from a USAGE standpoint how to operate a detector that I've used before, and maybe how to get the most out of it, but in terms of speaking from a pure tech angle, well, I'll leave that to the Dankowski"s of the world. But...

If one guy was really proficient with Tesoros, another with Whites, etc., something like this would be right up their alley. It really irks me when someone posts a question about a detector I've never used before, or some highly technical situation and I (or others) can't help. I feel we let the member down in a way, and I'm trying to fix this.

Joe
Joe I think the forum is pretty good as is when someone has a question. Rarely have I seen a question go unanswered.
My opinion only! I do not think brand specific subforums would add any value to this existing community.

I personally think it dilutes the entire forum and potentially decreases activity.

But once again, this is only My opinion
(07-31-2015 01:17 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion only! I do not think brand specific subforums would add any value to this existing community.

I personally think it dilutes the entire forum and potentially decreases activity.

But once again, this is only My opinion

I'm with you on this one Ron! I agree it would dilute. Everybody in one big spot is a lot easier than navigating subs! IMHO! too!
Reference URL's