Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Greetings From Northern Ontario Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! certainly is a pleasant surprise to discover  your most welcome sight.This being my first post, and not the last. I trust this is the introductory forum.Yes
I purchased a used  Garrett  Master Hunter 7X and am still looking over the manual on how to use it. Does anyone have any information that they can provide me with?

Can I use this in water, like a stream bed etc.Where would this detector fall on a scale of one to ten? Thank you for any suggestions and comments you care to make.
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio! There are a couple of members very familiar with the Garrett line and would be glad to help you out! Great luck with it!!

ODF
Welcome Whuts. I don't have that particular Garrett but Garrett makes fine machines and we look forward to seeing your finds very soon.

Whuts you could always call Garrett and ask if the coil is waterproof. I know the actual housing isn't waterproof.
Welcome aboard! I've used Garretts before, but not that model, so I couldn't give you specifics. Normally the search coils can be used in the water on metal detectors, BUT NOT THE CONTROL BOXES (unless it's a waterproof unit). ***Best thing to do is look directly in the user manual you have, and it should say whether the coil is submersible or not*** You're gonna love it here, make yourself at home Yes

Joe
Welcome to the forum. I haven't used that machine either, but like they say Garrett is one of the major brands of detectors. If you have trouble understanding the manual I'm sure us guys with experience can help even if we haven't used that exact model.
Welcome!! You will love this site and forum. Great folks!
whuts, I haven't used my GMH CX 3 in a dog's age. Mine had dials on it and the meter had a needle that pointed to the type of target you may have under the coil.
I liked using ferous tones with it and found plenty but for whatever reason I couldn't set it right to go deep.
Go slow and dig a few targets to see what's up. then you will start to understand what it is telling you
Reference URL's