Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It's hot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was a 102 degrees on the way home from work yesterday. That's not hot , that's boiling. Heat index was hovering around 108.

What kind of heat are the rest of you fellas experiencing and how much detecting are you doing ?
Been very hot here heat index was above 110 no detecting at all due to heat and all the ot at work.
Hell yeah it's hot, but they say it will be less humid today. Today's realfeel is supposed to be only 89° F.
I would eat veggies to have 89 here in H Town. I hate vegies.
I hunt at least 3 days a week in the 100 degree heat but limit the time to 30 - 45 minutes max!
It's so bad here, Kajun, I've called it quits till September, aside from real short hunts in the morning, every week or two. It's every year the same. Anything over 85 or 90 with high humidity isn't my cup of beer. This stuff is supposed to be fun, not a chore. My absolute favorite time to hunt is when I need to throw on a sweatshirt due to the chilly air after fall kicks in. I can go 7 or 8 hours straight in that. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for summer...I'm a cold weather lover, minus the snow.

Joe
I'm with ya Joe. I much prefer colder weather. It just so happens I'm working on an exterior job right now. I get all the heat I want then some.

RH69 you must be hitting those lots after work ?
I am not a fan of detecting in the heat, even at the beach last week I only did short runs.
Now if a possible construction site turns up....I might just try it
We've been sort of lucky here. It's hit 91 or 93 for a couple of days this past week and I limited my time out and used a cold wet towel over my neck. We haven't had any rain though for over three weeks except for one overnight T storm which dropped only 1/2 inch. I don't think I could work out in 100+ weather now. I have when I was younger and in factories over 130F.

But with high humidity like down there, man Kajun, I couldn't take it.

It's cooled down to 84 >86 and been kinda breezy. Our friends in Canada have been kind to us the last 2 days and are sending more. Mid 70's by Wednesday Aug 5th!!!Yes

I still pack and usually drink about 2-22oz bottles of water, wet towel or not, when I'm out for 3 to 4 hours on average. That's been okay for me as I work outside all the time. I agree though that I'll take cooler 50>60 F long sleeved shirt or pullover hoodie weather any day of the week as long as it's not raining.

I keep a 30 quart cooler full of ice and Deer Park or Aquafina water on the truck passenger floor. Some Gatorade too. Makes a hell of a difference on the hot days.

ODF
Reference URL's