Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: had to get some swing time in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hot as crap today, damn hike about killed me,lol. Got a few goodies. Ron or Caprock, any idea on the Large Cent looking stamped brass item? Did they make a tounge like that?
[attachment=6354]
[attachment=6355]
[attachment=6356]
[attachment=6357]
Awesome finds man!! keep em coming!
Great digs Ray. That eagle buckle is sweet Dude.
Haha, the eagle buckle was my sons find.
Oh. Well that's a great find for him. You find out anything about the large cent looking piece?
Smokin Finds! from High Summer!
That's some great lookin' stufff
Never seen the large cent looking, thing before. no tongue and wreath buckle had that design. Kinna looks like a can lid? Don't know. It's very cool.
Thanks for posting. Those belt adjusters are awesome. You guys have found a killer camp.
Thanks Cap! Yeah , not sure at all about the liberty head.
Very cool finds!!

I agree, the"Large Cent" looks like a lid to something.

You are pretty tough to brave the heat!!
Great finds Ray!! I agree that you found a good camp site! Bravo to you for doing it in that heat there!

ODF
Damn, Ray, you're back in business, bud!!! That right there is some KILLER finds Yes What machine were you using? Sheet, if I were you I'd set up a mini camp and be GLUED to that place until there weren't any beeps left to be heard Wink

With those types of finds, one has to think there's a strong possibility of a gold coin or two coming out of there Yes

Awesome!!!

P.S. - I saw a similar lid to yours years ago on a forum, but that one had the design of a seated coin. I remember there being a big debate as to what it was used for, but one of the most popular theories was that it was the lid to a tin that held snuff. The sellers of the snuff had a hard time moving the product, and one fella struck on the idea of making the lids look like coins, in the hopes the pieces would become collectibles, and help sell more product. How true that is/was I have no idea, but that was one of the theories.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's