Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first little video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't been able to get out diggin in a while. Been sitting here with these toys begging me to play with them. I've been wanting to do a dig video since I got this sunglasses camera. I decided to just take it out in the yard and play around a little. Targets other than surface foil are pretty scarce out there these days, but I did dig something. So here is a little clip filmed hands free by me. I shot 4 clips, but have no idea how to edit them together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiAMg-pcQAA
Without being too disrespectful: I just RLMFAO!!!!

And don't worry. They ring up here as 10-05>09 and I dig them too!!!

And thanks, I needed that! Nice vid BTW!!!

ODF
(08-26-2015 08:50 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Without being too disrespectful: I just RLMFAO!!!!

And don't worry. They ring up here as 10-05>09 and I dig them too!!!

And thanks, I needed that! Nice vid BTW!!!

ODF

Glad you enjoyed it Ed. That makes it all worth it. I was actually surprised to find anything other than foil and iron bits.
The pulltab is also the most found relic over here in the Netherlands,  it's always good to show people that there's also an other side to our hobby.  Wel done and thumbs up!
FINALLY...we get to see you hunt on video, Will! Short, but good Yes

Was your T2 picking up the pinpointer? The Minelabs do that, too, but once we noise cancel it goes away. There should be a way you can tune out the pointer.

Are you using a PC or a mac? Both normally come with some type of video editing software included. And they are perfect for getting one's feet wet with editing.

The meat & potatoes of any editing software is the TIMELINE. It's basically one long, empty strip. After you have uploaded your footage (videos, photos, etc.) into the program, you then need to simply drag & drop the footage into the timeline. It's that easy. Mostly everything can be accomplished by dragging & dropping. So, if you want to move a clip, just click on it with your mouse, and then drag it to where you want it to be.

Here's a VERY easy system to get you started...

1. After a hunt, upload all your footage into your computer.
2. Go through the footage and delete everything you don't want to include in the video.
3. Upload everything you DO want into the editing software.
4. When you're new to editing, keep it simple. Straight cuts are easiest, and work fine. This means you just put one clip after the next, in a straight line, without any transitions, effects, titles, etc.
5. Once you have everything arranged, simply save it as a MP4 or MOV file on your desktop, which you'll later upload to youtube. *Some editing programs let you upload DIRECTLY to youtube, without needing to save the project, but I always save mine anyways.
6. Rendering can be painful. This means all of your footage needs to be compressed (downgraded) before it can be uploaded to youtube, since the files are so large. When uploading to YT, choose the 720p option. This is a smaller size, and not as sharp as 1080p, but it uploads MUCH faster, and is more than fine for web viewing.

All this might sound confusing, but it's really not. You'll get the hang of it after doing a few videos. And if you ever get stuck, Google & YT offers a ton of help with detailed posts & help videos.

Joe
Joe. I just watched your new video on YouTube. That's too funny.

Thanks for the video editing tips. I'll try to get on the computer and play around later. I have some stuff to do first. Yes the pinpointer does mess with the T2. I had the coil sitting too close to the hole. The DST actually makes it alot better than with my old T2. You can adjust frequency also. There are 7 settings. My laptop actually is running on Linux. I found this computer at a thrift store for $9.99. It was marked "needs password". I plugged it in at the store and it turned right on and went to the Windows 7 password screen. I took out my phone and did a Google and found that you can get a disc to reset the Windows password. So I bought the laptop and ordered that disc. The disc didn't work, so I called the place I got it from and they told me the Windows must have a corruption. They sent me a different disc and that didn't work either. So I wiped the whole thing and loaded Linux and it works great. Total cost about $20. I downloaded an editing program yesterday. Now that I read your post I think I should be able to use it.
Good start to making videos.
(08-27-2015 04:51 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Joe. I just watched your new video on YouTube. That's too funny.

Thanks for the video editing tips. I'll try to get on the computer and play around later. I have some stuff to do first. Yes the pinpointer does mess with the T2. I had the coil sitting too close to the hole. The DST actually makes it alot better than with my old T2. You can adjust frequency also. There are 7 settings. My laptop actually is running on Linux. I found this computer at a thrift store for $9.99. It was marked "needs password". I plugged it in at the store and it turned right on and went to the Windows 7 password screen. I took out my phone and did a Google and found that you can get a disc to reset the Windows password. So I bought the laptop and ordered that disc. The disc didn't work, so I called the place I got it from and they told me the Windows must have a corruption. They sent me a different disc and that didn't work either. So I wiped the whole thing and loaded Linux and it works great. Total cost about $20. I downloaded an editing program yesterday. Now that I read your post I think I should be able to use it.

Gotta tell ya, you're the KING of finding great deals! A computer for $20?! That's crazy Yes

Just install the editing program and start messing around. Make 2 or 3 samples videos. You'll be a pro in no time Wink

Joe
Yeah I got an amazing deal there. It's a good computer too. A Lenovo ThinkPad with Intel Core 2 duo 2.4 cpu and 500 gb hard drive. I just put 3 clips together into one. It was just as easy as you said. Drag and drop.
cool video, your on your way to doing more and i cant wait to see them
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's