Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AVISE Bird Band, Pepper Spray!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This little hunt I did this am (3 hours) was a tad wet but under the trees wasn't so bad. No skeeters, no spider webs, and the ground wasn't too bad to dig. I got the usual # of headstamps and shell casings as well as a few FMJ rifle bullets (Hoping they were IH's), a brass bra strap buckle, then the whole bra, red, 44C from what the tag said. Hung it in a tree as a remembrance of the good old days.

Then a AVICE BIRD BAND, which I reported to the Feds online at the site, and they tell me it's from an American Black Duck, banded in Cleveland along the shores of Lake Erie in 1987. Then along a deer trail, in some pretty rough terrain, I found a Crowd Control pepper spray can, full, in it's holster, with an expiration date of 2017. This is the second can I've found in the woods, this one laying on the grass. The first one I found was about four inches deep in a bog, but smaller. Good thing I didn't poke the first one with the knife because I'd a been in a world of Sh...t. So I reburied it at about 16 inches so the next knucklehead that goes through the area can't find it. But it'll probably be me! Had the Sampson with me that day.

This spot I hit this morning was the one I found that slick 1876 Seated at. There's nothing else there folks. Take my word for it.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!

ODF
ODF/Ed, you are something. Not many folks would let them know that there tag was found and the exact spot too.
I suppose the pepper spray is from bear hunters? You never know if that might help someone escape an attack or not.
(09-13-2015 09:32 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF/Ed, you are something. Not many folks would let them know that there tag was found and the exact spot too.
I suppose the pepper spray is from bear hunters? You never know if that might help someone escape an attack or not.

Thanks Tony! No bears around here cept in the Zoo! That can is for a more dangerous animal! Man!!!

ODF
(09-13-2015 09:44 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2015 09:32 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF/Ed, you are something. Not many folks would let them know that there tag was found and the exact spot too.

Thanks Tony! No bears around here cept in the Zoo! That can is for a more dangerous animal! Man!!!

ODF
Me and my boy went to the zoo here this summer and there were no bears there. They are building new bear habitats. You have space in your pack for that can Ed? Gotta watch out for them dangerous animals.
(09-13-2015 09:59 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2015 09:44 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

ODF
Me and my boy Went to the zoo here this summer and there were no bears there. They are building new hear habitats. You have space in your pack for that can Ed? Gotta watch out for them dangerous animals.

Ha! Somedays you get the bear..... But seriously, that can is like for a home invasion, it'll easily take down up to six people. I do carry one of those keychain ones on my pouch clip as a dangle. The Rangers have clearly seen it and haven't even blinked. Where I go I'd be most worried about awake and rabid Racoons or crazy loose dogs than the silly joggers and bicyclers that pass by.

ODF
ODF\Ed, now you have me thinking......there are some places I want to go to but I don't because I am alone most of the time......maybe I will consider this addition to my carry on stuff.
There are bears here in NJ and wild turkeys that are aggressive but they haven't bother me yet -
Being female, I can tell you, that any decent bra costs a minimum of $30, so I cannot relate to leaving it behind, unless of course, he was an extraordinary manChuckle
And 44C?  OMG--we're talking serious back pain, yikes!

Love finding bird bands though, its so cool to find out where and when the birds were banded.  Amazing how far they migrate.

Happy Hunting!
Great finds, Ed! Keep the awesome train rolling Yes

Joe
Reference URL's