Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Short trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of my neighbors  let me detect in their front  yard weed patches . Today   l
hit  two  yards  for a little  bit  . I dug  a little clad , some  zincs and some junk in one yard  and the other gave me a  Silver Roosie , a wheat , a  clad dime and a great sounding rusty nail . Life is good !  Yes
Its always good to add to the silver pile!
Not bad. Staying close to home is good.
We both dug Rosies today, George...how cool is that! Yes I'd love to hunt more private property, but, I live in a semi-urban area (20 minutes to Manhattan by car). We DO have very old properties around, but, in our parts, knocking on someone's door & asking to detect their yard would be akin to ringing their bell & asking to see their prior year's tax return. Best bet for the private yards here is to go up to farm country (about an hours drive away). People are much more relaxed & open there. Also...

I'm extremely picky about the type of property it is. If it's super manicured and well taken care of, I won't hit it cause I don't wanna leave brown spots and dead grass behind. So, I generally look for places a bit more older & run-down.

Joe
Another Rosie for the pouch.  Glad to see you are still picking out the goodies from Old Mother Earth!!

Never been good at asking permission for yards, but I know there are some great finds waiting in yards!!
I'm with ya, I don't just knock on doors and ask...but I do make deals with homeowners all the time...labor trade.
Reference URL's