Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: About Fu&%ing Time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-16-2015 08:32 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2015 06:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]In the LEAST, I hope your buddy bought you a beer (or three!) after that happened Cool

Joe

Nope - all I got was a "thanks" for the invite!

I wouldn't have been so PO'ed if it weren't for 3 things (cuz really I don't begrudge anyone for finding stuff) and love to see everyone dig something cool

but

1: that was his 3rd (yes third) silver dollar in his diggin career
2: it was a site I worked my butt off to find and secure for diggin and should have hit before taking anyone else!
3: at that time I had never dug a silver dollar to date NOR any CC coin and still haven't dug a silver dollar in all these yrs of diggin (a good 30 yrs now) Speechless

I just dug my 1st CC seated coin this past spring at that picnic grove = still lookin for that "silver dollar" (and a Reale too)!

It's funny the way things work, Wayne. My first seated ever, about 7 or 8 years ago, was a Carson City. It didn't know the signifigance of the mint mark at that time, though. A CC seated is a pretty tough nut to crack, especially on the east coast...but it came easy. My reals? They came fairly easy too, and those are tough suckers to find. However...

A simple barber half, took 10 years. Yes, it's a half, and those are tough to find nowadays, but, still, we're not talking an ultra rare coin by any stretch, yet it took me almost a decade.

Maybe I should only go after the 1700 & 1800 stuff. It'll probably be easier for me to find Tongue

Joe
Great hunt Joe, glad you can cross that off your list!!!
Awesome finds! The Barber half and well anything older eludes me as well.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's