Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Back to the Silver Patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-22-2015 05:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2015 03:14 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Great digs Joe. I'm fairly confident that's not a cuff link. Still, it's really cool. I believe it's a belt stud (search civil war belts, you'll see them) I could be totally wrong. I have found several of them at civil war spots 
Just my two cents.

I believe you might be right, Frank. When I found it, I first thought a pin of some sort, but it's one piece, so it can't be that. Next I thought cuff link, but the gap between the back and front is very small, and I can't see someone being able to slip it through a cuff. I think you nailed it Beer Are you fairly confident it's civil war period, though? I was leaning towards WW2. Unfortunately, it's tough to date things at this site, as there's an array of finds that come up, that could span 75 years or more.

Joe

Not confident at all on the period. The other guy could be 100% correct. I'm just confident that it's not a cuff link! 
But I do know it's a stud of some sort. I find them a lot. Mine are usually from belts that held knapsack hooks in place. 
Awesome find! That's some good history, especially if it's ww1 or ww2.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's