Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Magazines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone read any helpful or cool metal detecting magazines? If so...could you name some you like or know of? Thanks in advance.
Also books as well.

Zach
(11-24-2015 02:07 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone read any helpful or cool metal detecting magazines? If so...could you name some you like or know of? Thanks in advance.
Also books as well.

Zach

Lost Treasure, Silver & Gold and Western & Eastern Treasure are the big 3. Used to be a lot more of them years ago, when the hobby was at its peak, but after the boom quieted down, and a lot of the old timers passed, many of them went out of business.

As the hobby has seen strong resurgence in recent years though, and print is in some ways now a dinosaur, much of the better writing/information tends to be found online, via: blogs, online digital magazines, youtube videos, etc.

Some people love the treasure mags, others can't stand them. I'm lukewarm on them, myself. If I haven't read one in a few issues, and I'm in a bookstore I'll pick one up, especially if the cover story is good, but that's about the extent of it.

As anyone will tell you, aside from their FIND OF THE ISSUE story, if you've seen one edition, you've seen them all. Lots of ads, hidden treasure tales (lol), articles which have been rehashed hundreds of times over the years, etc. Besides...

Who the hell wants to pay to see Ron in them every time, when we can get him here for free Chuckle Tongue

Joe
I agree with Joe.
In W&E there was a great writer in my opinion - Harry Glenn Carosn.
He tried to motivate folks and give them (not really clues but) things to consider when detecting. He retired way back.
Reference URL's