Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Short but very sweet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had about 20 minutes before I had to go in town. Stopped by my loyalist field for a quick swing and got a terrible signal. Pulled a hunk of metal out of the hole, then in the plug was a big copper. Oh how I missed that sight!  After some toothpick love, it was pretty clear what it was. 1771 One Skilling (Denmark) Christian VII. 

[Image: 14424991267080_zpsq80bdpig.jpg]

[Image: 14424995418460_zpsjcqqxrt2.jpg]
That's a hell of a coin Yes Is it common for you over there to find something that old, or does it happen often?

Joe
It has a special place in my display for sure!  Yes, the old finds are here, just gotta get the coil over them. The area I live in was settled in 1783. The further east you go, the older the finds. The French were there in the 1600's and natives before that. I found a 1784 French Sol in the same field as the Skilling. Numerous finds have come from there, or the field next to it. Got 5 8Reales there last year!
Very nice find,, really enjoy seeing relics from other countries things we very seldom find in the states thanks for sharing
Wow that's pretty cool you've found all those coins of the same field and the history behind it. Nice coin
Thanks gents!
Nice Find Relic!! Yes

Ed/ODF
Thanks Ed!
Reference URL's