Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Very personal piece of silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had an hour and a half to play before work. Hit my Loyalist field  to see if I could coax a keeper out of it. Found a buckle, a musketball and a nice cut and flattened piece of a silver thimble. It is initialed HK. The loyalist officer died and his wife had a big house built in 1823 on his friends abandoned grant. His wife's initials...HK!  Cool stuff.  Crossed the road to get to my car and had a rather large conductive target right by the car. Pulled the truck and trailer out. Nice little display piece. Thanks again for looking and HH

[Image: 14467653859951_zpszffeeqwv.jpg]
[Image: 14467653676380_zpsq3f3b2me.jpg]

[Image: 14467653992330_zpssdvd1gad.jpg]
Can't get any more personal than that. What a beautiful piece of history Happy

Joe
That's awesome thanks for sharing
Very cool thimble find!!
Thanks guys!  To add even more personal info, those dents you see in it are actually teeth marks!  Someone told me they used gold and silver back then to bite on as a pain distraction....could be!
Great piece of history and an excellent find!

Fabulous when you can put the history to the piece! Yes

Ed/ODF
That's what it's all about. Saving history, one piece at a time. What an amazing hobby we have!
Amazing history behind the thimble and the teeth marks! Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Reference URL's