Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Help with trigger guard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this trigger guard this morning. Half of the guard was under a buried rock, so when I was digging the plug, my shovel slid down the rock and broke the guard Sad  It has an S or 8 below what looks like a crown or something. I found a barrel band with the same mark back in the spring. The trigger guard was about 20' feet from where I found the barrel band.  Any help with the mark would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

[Image: 14491574279380_zpsgt0a139q.jpg]
Nice find Relic! Nice going on finding two pieces to what may be the same rifle too!!!!

Ed/ODF
Cool find- a makers mark of a British Made musket.

Can't see it very well but if you clean it up and get a close up you might be able to identify where i was made (London/Birmingham/etc)

Nice find!
Geez, you've got some spot on your hands, Medic. Those are the types of places that I get worked up about. Confession: Even after doing this hard core for almost 10 years, I still find it hard to sleep the night before a hunt at a potentially killer spot. Amazing catch on the trigger guard Yes

P.S. - To my eye, it looks more like a B.

Joe
Thanks for the comments guys. Here's a pic of the barrel band. It has the same mark. 

[Image: 14189457973640_zpshe9juvj_edit_141894583...1bruur.jpg]

(12-04-2015 11:41 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, you've got some spot on your hands, Medic. Those are the types of places that I get worked up about. Confession: Even after doing this hard core for almost 10 years, I still find it hard to sleep the night before a hunt at a potentially killer spot. Amazing catch on the trigger guard Yes

P.S. - To my eye, it looks more like a B.

Joe

Thank you. My China cabinet is full of relics and coins primarily from the same two sites. Just a quick list of what came from this particular site:

5x 8 reales
11 pre 1850 coppers
3 copper rings
4 musketballs
2 early 1900 silvers
1841 monogrammed silver salt spoon
Musket parts
Numerous buckles
Pocket watch
2 flying eagles
Cufflinks
5 tokens
A handful of flat buttons
Victorian jewelry (all plated)
Silver thimble
GOT IT!!!  It's a model 1809 Prussian Potsdam musket
Cool find! that's on my metal detecting bucket list. I'd like to find a piece of a gun or even just some cool bullets! Grats on the find and nice job ID'ING it! 206 old gun piece...Pretty cool if you ask me YesYes
Reference URL's