Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A hunt full of oddballs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went back into the loyalist field to try to sniff out more musket parts, so that included digging every signal. Man there's some odd stuff in there. The lobster claw lobster shell cracker takes the cake!   The golf club was pretty confusing as well. I did manage to pull a few keepers though. Got a really nice bridle rosette,  a decorated claw foot thing that had two circle loop chains coming off of it (they basically disintegrated )...ended up being a Victorian Gothic cloak clasp. Got the guts to a shoe buckle but couldn't find the frame. A couple of pennies,  lead,  copper, toy wheel and other junk.  Can't win em all!  Thanks for looking and HH

[Image: 14495349660870_zpsth7jucsm.jpg]

[Image: 14495349828601_zpsajsrh0kb.jpg]
[Image: 14495373912950_zps6dkplqpa.jpg]
[Image: 14495374166441_zpskpyftqq8.jpg]
[Image: 14495374334940_zpsyny6uqyw.jpg]
[Image: 14495374538111_zpslwgkkqgn.jpg]
[Image: 14495374765972_zpseaoye4ht.jpg]
Very cool finds,,i found a 5iron about a mile in the 
woods i think the loggers got bored on there brakes and swung the club lol,,,the claw foot puece is really cool!!thanks for sharing HH
You ain't kidding! I like that claw foot thing too!

Ed/ODF
Thanks guys. The claw thing is definitely a cloak clasp and I'm thinking it's Victorian. It may be Georgian, but the Gothic revival period happened during Victorias reign.
Love that rosette, and cloak clasp!!! Btw, who in the hell wears a cloak, except for Burger King?! Tongue Did you find that hunting spot through research, trial & error, or by door knocking?

Boy, you are on some kinda roll Yes

Joe
Awesome finds! My favorite would have to be the cloak clasp. That's pretty neat if you ask me.

Keep em coming!
I gained the site through research and permission. I only have a couple of sites I go to, and clearly this one is drying up lol
Interesting finds there! That claw thing is really different. Also like that rosette!
Reference URL's