Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: nel coil at pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone used the nel tornado coil.if so is it any good with the at pro what are the perks and downs of it
Never used that coil, Steve. Someone else should chime in with some info Happy

Joe
Have never used it either. IMO however, if you have the small 5x8 for the AT Pro, I don't think you'll see a world of difference. If you do have the 5x8, maybe you're thinking smaller? Performance differences vary between all similar coils and user preferences, settings and ground conditions. The smaller coils are all fantastic when working terribly trashy or mineralized ground. But remember, and maybe you already know, a different coil on some machines makes a whole different machine. So you kinda have to relearn what you hear and see on the machine. At least that's what I find on my SE Pro with the 6x8 SEF. Between it and the 11" Pro Coil, there is a great deal of difference.

Good luck making the call!

Ed
sorry never used the nel on the at but have used the 5 x8 coil and it makes a big difference in the operation of the at
(12-14-2015 08:24 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Have never used it either. IMO however, if you have the small 5x8 for the AT Pro, I don't think you'll see a world of difference.  If you do have the 5x8, maybe you're thinking smaller? Performance differences vary between all similar coils and user preferences, settings and ground conditions. The smaller coils are all fantastic when working terribly trashy or mineralized ground. But remember, and maybe you already know, a different coil on some machines makes a whole different machine. So you kinda have to relearn what you hear and see on the machine. At least that's what I find on my SE Pro with the 6x8 SEF. Between it and the 11" Pro Coil, there is a great deal of difference.

Good luck making the call!

Ed
The Nel tornado has about an extra 4 inches in depth
Hey Steven, Sadly I've not used that coil either on my AT Pro. But I'd assume it would be a excellent coil for open areas without a lot of trash...The beach, fields and so on.
If you can't get a response from someone on here who has used one try out Google for some reviews and see what you can find on there.

GL and HH

Zach
Reference URL's