Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally Got Out to Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has to be more than a month since I got out last, bad weather and other important matters got in the way.
Today was weather wise an exceptional day to go hunting, originally was to be about 60F, that all changed
high to day was 45F. At least it was sunny and pretty windy. I was able to sneak away for about 3.5 hours of hunting
a local schoolyard. The ground was still wet from all the rain, just dry enough to keep from being messy.

Had the DeepTech Vista Gold out with the Super 6 and became pretty proficient pinpointing targets with this coil.
Probably dug around 100 targets today, loaded up my pouch with junk and coins. Today had my disc set just a touch lower
than what its normally set at. used that setting as the tone break as well. I would alternate hunting in disc and two tone mode and use single tone all metal mode to help
size and or pinpoint some targets. The trigger switch makes it convenient to switch modes back and forth quickly during the pinpoint process as well. Similar to how I used to hunt with Tesoros.

Hunted a section that an AT Pro guy hunted who said there wasn't much  back a few months ago. I figured I wanted to see for myself.
Did fairly well, about $9.00+ in change. A 190? Canadian large cent.

Weather turns to carp Sunday, looks like Santa is bringing down some cold weather this weekend thru out next week.
Made the most of what I had to today.

[attachment=7262]
Here's one of the most important things I've learned in this hobby...

Whenever someone tells you a place is hunted out, they're either full of shit, or couldn't hunt their way out of a paper bag. Spots like that are normally some of the best to detect at Yes

You did good, O Captain Canada!

Did you cash in your 2015 clad yet?

Joe
No place is hunted out got my largies today in a field that's been detected for at least 10 years,,,very nice hunt Sven
(12-24-2015 09:46 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]No place is hunted out got my largies today in a field that's been detected for at least 10 years,,,very nice hunt Sven

Exactly, Scott Yes There might be spots where there aren't many targets, or not a lot of high conductors, or one might have to sift through a lot of trash, etc., etc., etc., but to say a spot is COMPLETELY hunted out isn't really possible. I have many places I detect that are TOUGH, but I can always go and pull a silver or two, if I work hard enough. Am I going to pull 8 or 9 silvers a day out of those places? No. They're tough, but not hunted out. There's a difference.

Joe
Nice hunt you had there Sven, happy ya finally got out to hunt for a bit! bunch of cool stuff ya got yourself there. Is the 3 triangle pendant a valknut? the viking symbol thingy? or is there a modern thing like that, that is something else as well?
Great hunt for 3.5 Sven! I'd call it rather exceptional. Yes If you can dig that many good coins in that period, the place has been "poorly" hunted as Joe says.

I get a lot of that down here too! My theory is I'll go find out for myself.

Happy Boxing Day up there!!

Ed
Nice diggin!! Congrats!
(12-24-2015 10:08 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the 3 triangle pendant a valknut? the viking symbol thingy?
Your right, and there must be a Viking hoard buried near by and I found my buddy Thor's hammer last year. Might be my good luck charm, I better clean it up...........
Reference URL's