Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Maybe a new ATpro killer coming out soon???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Des D.

THink he has an inside track--tester?
(01-09-2016 06:23 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Des D.

THink he has an inside track--tester?
I say that post on another forum.  I asked where he got the price from with no reply.  I think it was just a guess from him?  Not sure because of the non response. Maybe he'll respond soon?   I say it will have a retail price of 799.99   Whites is not going to price it in the range of a new Excalibur.
Here's what I don't get...

If one is a land hunter, and wants/needs/prefers a waterproof unit to hunt in the rain, or to clean easier, this might be a great unit, especially if it offers great performance. However...

If one is looking at this as a beach hunting unit, why? I would never use a single frequency unit for beach hunting, aside from maybe dry sand. It's the multiple frequency units or PI's that rule the sands. Fresh water, different story, and this might float a lot of peoples boats. So...

Not sure what target market they're going after on this? Most of the great detectors (new or older) are KNOWN at excelling at one or two things. Case in point...

Minelab's are primarily silver/deep coin hunting units or beach machines, T2's, F75's, Racers, Deus', etc. are primarily relic hunting units. They have a finely honed niche they go after, and have carved a place in that niche.

What is the MX Sport billing itself as? A deep coin machine? An all purpose mid-tier unit? A waterproof freshwater detector?

Joe
(01-10-2016 04:50 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Here's what I don't get...

If one is a land hunter, and wants/needs/prefers a waterproof unit to hunt in the rain, or to clean easier, this might be a great unit, especially if it offers great performance. However...

If one is looking at this as a beach hunting unit, why? I would never use a single frequency unit for beach hunting, aside from maybe dry sand. It's the multiple frequency units or PI's that rule the sands. Fresh water, different story, and this might float a lot of peoples boats. So...

Not sure what target market they're going after on this? Most of the great detectors (new or older) are KNOWN at excelling at one or two things. Case in point...

Minelab's are primarily silver/deep coin hunting units or beach machines, T2's, F75's, Racers, Deus', etc. are primarily relic hunting units. They have a finely honed niche they go after, and have carved a place in that niche.

What is the MX Sport billing itself as? A deep coin machine? An all purpose mid-tier unit? A waterproof freshwater detector?

Joe
Joe,
   True - It won't (can't) be very good in the wet salt water or sand.  The ATpro isn't either.  I've had at least 4 ATpro's and it does everything well.  It isn't the best at anything really.  It's nose heavy.  It has a tiny TID.  The MXS would be geared at hunters who already have or was going to buy an Atpro that want even more options.  I know there is nothing out there that can consistently give me deep silver with proper ID like my ML machine.  I know the multi - freq machines rule the salt.  But I love fresh water hunting and I've been caught in the rain too. It is possible that we will find that it does some things well like was found out with the T2's ability as a relic hunter.  I don't think at this time Whites is stating anything.  All this new info was found by someone searching FCC files. Not sure if Whites was prepared?  I posted on the Whites Mother Ship site and they haven't responded??? I was needing another TID water hunter and dry land jewelry hunting with too.  My etrac is kind of over kill for some things. So come spring I was going to buy another ATpro or even the Deteknix Quest?  But now I have another choice and its made in the US. This thing may turn out to be a dud too?  Time will tell?  I actually hope more amphibious machines come out soon!  We need choices..LOL
I know ZILCH about this new machine, but my gut tells me that they're quickly rolling out a mid-tier general purpose unit, like the AT Pro. While I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, I will say that the AT's are killer units, especially for the price. So, is someone going to jump ship, and try the MX Sport just for kicks? I know there are some who love testing & playing around with new units, and they'll surely go for this, but will the average, everyday user drop cold hard cash when they already have a unit that is about the same as this? Now...

If Whites came out and said this unit will get Minelab depth, or will unmask better than any other unit out there, etc., they'd have an angle, but this strikes me as just another general purpose machine, which might be a dumbed down version of an MXT, going by the name.

Joe
Will be interesting to see what unfolds.
(01-10-2016 06:50 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I know ZILCH about this new machine, but my gut tells me that they're quickly rolling out a mid-tier general purpose unit, like the AT Pro. While I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, I will say that the AT's are killer units, especially for the price. So, is someone going to jump ship, and try the MX Sport just for kicks? I know there are some who love testing & playing around with new units, and they'll surely go for this, but will the average, everyday user drop cold hard cash when they already have a unit that is about the same as this? Now...

If Whites came out and said this unit will get Minelab depth, or will unmask better than any other unit out there, etc., they'd have an angle, but this strikes me as just another general purpose machine, which might be a dumbed down version of an MXT, going by the name.

Joe
May be Joe? The ATpro does lack some things for sure.  I kind of think of it this way - What if Garrett upgraded the ATpro and added a larger screen, backlight, auto trac, ground grab, true all metal mode. prospecting mode with iron grunt, vco audio, better balance, salt tracking mode, adjustable tone ID?  We would be all over it!  I certainly would...  This is what Whites has done.  The only question is the cost?  I still say it won't be much more than an Atpro.  Somewhere around the $799 range (I'm hoping)
(01-10-2016 07:03 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 06:50 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I know ZILCH about this new machine, but my gut tells me that they're quickly rolling out a mid-tier general purpose unit, like the AT Pro. While I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, I will say that the AT's are killer units, especially for the price. So, is someone going to jump ship, and try the MX Sport just for kicks? I know there are some who love testing & playing around with new units, and they'll surely go for this, but will the average, everyday user drop cold hard cash when they already have a unit that is about the same as this? Now...

Joe
May be Joe? The ATpro does lack some things for sure.  I kind of think of it this way - What if Garrett upgraded the ATpro and added a larger screen, backlight, auto trac, ground grab, true all metal mode. prospecting mode with iron grunt, vco audio, better balance, salt tracking mode, adjustable tone ID?  We would be all over it!  I certainly would...  This is what Whites has done.  The only question is the cost?  I still say it won't be much more than an Atpro.  Somewhere around the $799 range (I'm hoping)

Ken, if Whites did accomplish all of that with this unit, yes, it would be a great thing, but to what end? If you're a relic guy, will this machine beat a Deus, Racer, F75, etc.? That would be a tall order, IMO. If one is a deep coin hunter, will this unit have the depth (and proper ID) of a Minelab? If you're a beach hunter, will this unit be able to punch through mineralized sand, and get almost 12" on targets?

Hopefully, you see where I'm going with this. I'm not knocking the unit, or slamming Whites...at all. I just don't see what niche they're aiming for. And, as I'm not really a fan of do-it-all, general purpose machines, unless the MX was astounding in performance, not sure what would attract me to use one, especially as I'm mainly a deep coin hunter.

Joe
Here's the secret scoop along with circuit diagram submitted to the FCC.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/V...HS800-0347

[attachment=7403]
[attachment=7404]
(01-10-2016 07:13 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:03 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Ken, if Whites did accomplish all of that with this unit, yes, it would be a great thing, but to what end? If you're a relic guy, will this machine beat a Deus, Racer, F75, etc.? That would be a tall order, IMO. If one is a deep coin hunter, will this unit have the depth (and proper ID) of a Minelab? If you're a beach hunter, will this unit be able to punch through mineralized sand, and get almost 12" on targets?

Hopefully, you see where I'm going with this. I'm not knocking the unit, or slamming Whites...at all. I just don't see what niche they're aiming for. And, as I'm not really a fan of do-it-all, general purpose machines, unless the MX was astounding in performance, not sure what would attract me to use one, especially as I'm mainly a deep coin hunter.

Joe
We all can't buy a Dues or Nautilus for relics. Or a 3030 for deep silver.  Or an Excalibur for salt. Or a GPZ 7000 for gold. All these machines do super great things. I think this is why the ATpro is so popular.  It does most thing well.  But it has it's limitations and it's actually getting long in the tooth. Here is where the MXS come in to play. It takes up where the ATpro has left off.  I don't expect the MXS to do any one thing super great.  I do expect it to do everything well.  Now if Whites overprices this thing it will flop.  Some of the success of the ATpro is it's price.  It would never had been a success at $1000. I know what your saying about all these do it all machines.  But I'm sure Whites is not going to say this machine is the best at anything.  I think they will say it does everything well.  This will make a great companion to my etrac if the price is right..LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's