Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Maybe a new ATpro killer coming out soon???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The link above does not seem to work for many if at all. So well give the link a bit different

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/V...HS800-0347
(01-10-2016 07:30 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:13 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:03 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 06:50 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I know ZILCH about this new machine, but my gut tells me that they're quickly rolling out a mid-tier general purpose unit, like the AT Pro. While I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, I will say that the AT's are killer units, especially for the price. So, is someone going to jump ship, and try the MX Sport just for kicks? I know there are some who love testing & playing around with new units, and they'll surely go for this, but will the average, everyday user drop cold hard cash when they already have a unit that is about the same as this? Now...

If Whites came out and said this unit will get Minelab depth, or will unmask better than any other unit out there, etc., they'd have an angle, but this strikes me as just another general purpose machine, which might be a dumbed down version of an MXT, going by the name.

Joe
May be Joe? The ATpro does lack some things for sure.  I kind of think of it this way - What if Garrett upgraded the ATpro and added a larger screen, backlight, auto trac, ground grab, true all metal mode. prospecting mode with iron grunt, vco audio, better balance, salt tracking mode, adjustable tone ID?  We would be all over it!  I certainly would...  This is what Whites has done.  The only question is the cost?  I still say it won't be much more than an Atpro.  Somewhere around the $799 range (I'm hoping)

Ken, if Whites did accomplish all of that with this unit, yes, it would be a great thing, but to what end? If you're a relic guy, will this machine beat a Deus, Racer, F75, etc.? That would be a tall order, IMO. If one is a deep coin hunter, will this unit have the depth (and proper ID) of a Minelab? If you're a beach hunter, will this unit be able to punch through mineralized sand, and get almost 12" on targets?

Hopefully, you see where I'm going with this. I'm not knocking the unit, or slamming Whites...at all. I just don't see what niche they're aiming for. And, as I'm not really a fan of do-it-all, general purpose machines, unless the MX was astounding in performance, not sure what would attract me to use one, especially as I'm mainly a deep coin hunter.

Joe
We all can't buy a Dues or Nautilus for relics. Or a 3030 for deep silver.  Or an Excalibur for salt. Or a GPZ 7000 for gold. All these machines do super great things. I think this is why the ATpro is so popular.  It does most thing well.  But it has it's limitations and it's actually getting long in the tooth. Here is where the MXS come in to play. It takes up where the ATpro has left off.  I don't expect the MXS to do any one thing super great.  I do expect it to do everything well.  Now if Whites overprices this thing it will flop.  Some of the success of the ATpro is it's price.  It would never had been a success at $1000. I know what your saying about all these do it all machines.  But I'm sure Whites is not going to say this machine is the best at anything.  I think they will say it does everything well.  This will make a great companion to my etrac if the price is right..LOL

Well said...fair enough. Just make sure to send me an email letting me know if this unit can hit a dime at 14", WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE ELSE! I'll be the first one on line to buy it, lol.

P.S. - I didn't know you were a dealer? Of what brands? Whites, by any chance? Lol

Joe
(01-10-2016 07:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:30 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:13 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 07:03 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016 06:50 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I know ZILCH about this new machine, but my gut tells me that they're quickly rolling out a mid-tier general purpose unit, like the AT Pro. While I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, I will say that the AT's are killer units, especially for the price. So, is someone going to jump ship, and try the MX Sport just for kicks? I know there are some who love testing & playing around with new units, and they'll surely go for this, but will the average, everyday user drop cold hard cash when they already have a unit that is about the same as this? Now...

If Whites came out and said this unit will get Minelab depth, or will unmask better than any other unit out there, etc., they'd have an angle, but this strikes me as just another general purpose machine, which might be a dumbed down version of an MXT, going by the name.

Joe
May be Joe? The ATpro does lack some things for sure.  I kind of think of it this way - What if Garrett upgraded the ATpro and added a larger screen, backlight, auto trac, ground grab, true all metal mode. prospecting mode with iron grunt, vco audio, better balance, salt tracking mode, adjustable tone ID?  We would be all over it!  I certainly would...  This is what Whites has done.  The only question is the cost?  I still say it won't be much more than an Atpro.  Somewhere around the $799 range (I'm hoping)

Ken, if Whites did accomplish all of that with this unit, yes, it would be a great thing, but to what end? If you're a relic guy, will this machine beat a Deus, Racer, F75, etc.? That would be a tall order, IMO. If one is a deep coin hunter, will this unit have the depth (and proper ID) of a Minelab? If you're a beach hunter, will this unit be able to punch through mineralized sand, and get almost 12" on targets?

Hopefully, you see where I'm going with this. I'm not knocking the unit, or slamming Whites...at all. I just don't see what niche they're aiming for. And, as I'm not really a fan of do-it-all, general purpose machines, unless the MX was astounding in performance, not sure what would attract me to use one, especially as I'm mainly a deep coin hunter.

Joe
We all can't buy a Dues or Nautilus for relics. Or a 3030 for deep silver.  Or an Excalibur for salt. Or a GPZ 7000 for gold. All these machines do super great things. I think this is why the ATpro is so popular.  It does most thing well.  But it has it's limitations and it's actually getting long in the tooth. Here is where the MXS come in to play. It takes up where the ATpro has left off.  I don't expect the MXS to do any one thing super great.  I do expect it to do everything well.  Now if Whites overprices this thing it will flop.  Some of the success of the ATpro is it's price.  It would never had been a success at $1000. I know what your saying about all these do it all machines.  But I'm sure Whites is not going to say this machine is the best at anything.  I think they will say it does everything well.  This will make a great companion to my etrac if the price is right..LOL

Well said...fair enough. Just make sure to send me an email letting me know if this unit can hit a dime at 14", WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE ELSE! I'll be the first one on line to buy it, lol.

P.S. - I didn't know you were a dealer? Of what brands? Whites, by any chance? Lol

Joe
Yes- Whites, Fisher, Garrett, Tek and BH.  I just hope I can afford a MXS with my discount?  Whites really hasn't told us anything.  I really think the info wasn't supposed to of been found...
Steve Howard actual came out with new info on the MXS
showard
[Image: user-offline.png]
 Super Moderator   [Image: image.php?u=84&dateline=1310082167] Join DateJul 2007LocationSweet Home, ORPosts798DetectorsJust About Every Model Ever

MX Sport

Quote: Its coming really, really, soon. A bit more time for production level raw materials to arrive and to make sure everything is perfect.

Exciting to me, MX Sport has an old 1970's resurrected Nautilus feature "Reject Volume".

You can search in All Metal, however, adjust the volume of targets you have selected for rejection to 50%, 40%, 30% 20% or "0" the audio volume of the targets you have selected for accept. Doing so... it slaughters the cute little french thing for recover speed, it's assume! Note; (wireless detectors will not function in the water unless you run a special $ cable, convert to non-wireless).

Beats the AT for detection depth, beats the French for recover.

It is more detector than the AT.

For starters the MX Sport has;

Back-lit display
2 1/8" X 3" Display Size
Real All Metal Mode
Volume control
7 Search Modes
10 Foot Water Submersible.

More to come! [Image: love10.gif]

Howard
Whites official FB page for the MXS.
https://www.facebook.com/events/442403542633778/
I'll never get rid of my AT Pro. It's too versatile. I don't think a lot of AT Pro users would be willing to buy a new Whites just to have a backlight. It's the only thing the AT lacks. But would it be worth 800 bucks to get a backlight and put your AT to the side ? I wouldn't do it.
Yes the AT Pro is a good machine but as detector users we are always looking for that next good machine that will find the targets we missed before. And there will be a lot of the MX Sport sold.
Me myself I use a AT Pro, MXT and CTX 3030. And will have one of the first MX sports . Just because it is a whites and I can .
I read last night that it is some of the MXT with some totally new stuff in it which is enough to spark interest.
A lot of whites users have been waiting a long time for a waterproof MXT,
Guess I will have to call in and get on the list.
(01-16-2016 09:23 AM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]I'll never get rid of my AT Pro. It's too versatile. I don't think a lot of AT Pro users would be willing to buy a new Whites just to have a backlight. It's the only thing the AT lacks. But would it be worth 800 bucks to get a backlight and put your AT to the side ? I wouldn't do it.
The MXS is not an ATpro with a backlight.  Some things just off the top of my head that the ATpro doesn't have.  Tone options. VCO all metal mode if wanted. Salt tracking. Regular ground track with lock. More notches (20). Larger target ID. Threshold. Volume adjustment. Backlight.   I believe there are more but I would have to re read the manual.
      What if Garrett upgraded the ATpro with all these features?  People would think it was great even at more money.....  Whites has picked up where the ATpro has left off.  The other good thing about the MXS is now Garrett will have to counter with something better! So we all win in the end! 
PS: All prices thrown around are not supported.  The $1350 price was simply made up then it spread like wild fire.  I say it will be in the $799.99 range.
I'm going to wait and see what Fisher has to offer as well. If what I saw rumored, comes to fruition then another machine could be on the way.
(01-16-2016 05:39 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to wait and see what Fisher has to offer as well. If what I saw rumored, comes to fruition then another machine could be on the way.

I talked to my Fisher/Tek rep and he said there wasn't anything in the near future in an amphibian machine.  But who knows?  I wish all the companies had one or two to choose from....
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's