Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My granddaughters first Silver.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My granddaughter said she wanted to go hunting with me. She has tried when she was younger but did not have the strength to swing even the light Bounty Hunter 3300. Which is my lightest machine. We grab the BH 3300 and my Whites 6000 di. Its just easy for me to use this grab and go machine sometimes. I knew I would actually be helping her more, rather than me hunting. Prior to getting to the site, I had asked the higher power to keep us safe, and if it was possible let her find a Silver coin.
On her third target she called me over to check it out with my machine. I asked her what she was getting and she said it was a dime. I checked it with my machine I was getting a solid softer tone with a reading less than a dime, in the zinc penny range. Checked depth with meter was around 6". So it was a deep one.
We dug down about 6" and had it out of the hole. She used my new Garrett carrot and found it. It was a awesome Moment! Hope others get to enjoy times like these.
[attachment=7392]
[attachment=7394]
Thats awesome! Tell the young lady congratulations!!
I love seeing stories like this and this one is great..congratulations to your granddaughter and yourself for having a moment to remember
Awesome!!! I found my first silver when I was about 30 years old, so she's got a hell of a head start on me...and most of us Wink

You should submit that story (with photo) to Bounty Hunter's Facebook/Twitter page, as it's really cool, and I'm sure they'd share it. You might even get a nice t-shirt or other goodie out of it Yes

Joe
Love to see new diggers with a smile on their face! Good for her!!
Awesome story updownup! Being new to detecting I can relate. Its extremely special and exciting pulling history and cool stuff out the ground! My first and old silver I was like a little girl on christmas!
Thanks for sharing
Gl and hh
Zach
That's actually a great relationship and a fabulous find for such a young lass!! My elder grandchildren are unfortunately not interested in going out with me (thanks Apple) although I do have a nephew that's gone out with me a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Keep that close Up! That's a great way to spend quality time!

You tell her from me she's on the board for 2016!

Ed
That is fantastic!! Congrats to your Granddaughter on her first silver!!
Thanks everyone for your comments. My granddaughter even got more excited after reading your post congratulating her. Thanks million!
Reference URL's