Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver at the beach and old copper in the field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hit the beach for a bit this morning after a huge storm ripped through the area last night. Spent the entire hunt up at the very top of the beach. Managed my first silvers of 2016! A couple of silver dimes (one was in clay so it looks great) , a silver quarter, copper ring and a silver half dollar. The tide came up fast, so headed home. The field was calling my name so I obliged for an hour. I've been pounding this field for a few years. Only got two targets amongst the iron: a George II Copper (the latest it can be is 1754) and a pistol ball. It definitely scratched the itch! Thanks for looking and HH
[Image: 14525339339220_zpsomfya1pa.jpg]

[Image: 14525339502071_zpsjgqqi3mu.jpg]

[Image: 14525339645432_zpsqkofp8rl.jpg]
Congrats on your first for 2016 Relic!! If you're going to do it that's certainly the way! Man you are lucky to find such old coppers!!

Ed
Thank you Ed! They were a pleasant surprise that's for sure!
Just an FYI... It was id'd as a cast counterfeit 1729-1739 Happy
That's definitely really cool man! It must be pretty exciting unearthing old coins like that.
Speaking of old coins, I got to watch your 8 reale cache videos. Your reactions were priceless, but I'd probably do the same but maybe cry a little, lol. But yeah, awesome finds you've been getting! Keep up the overall great work.
Thank you very much man! Sorry to subject you to that 8 reales video lol. The coins were incredible, but the video dragged worse than a bad bj.
Nice looking silver! Crossing the 1st of the year off one's list is always sweet, as it get's the monkey off the back early, and paves the way for quick success Wink

You plucked some OLDIES out of that beach!

Joe
Nice coins and ring is cool good that you can get out. Keep posting finds
Nice finds RelicMedic! That there is a great hunt! Nice way to start off the year.
Thanks guys. The modern silver is cool but that George II Copper is my oldest coin to date. It holds a special place in my display lol. I cleaned up the half dollar...still some staining from the salt sand but looks alot better. I'd say it was dropped soon after it was minted. It's really crisp. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's