Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Dime A Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well at least I'm consistent lately! Went back there and continued to do the rows of trees. Got to a spot where there were some trees missing and it looked as if there may have been an entrance to another area from the roadway. From that spot I could see in the distance, off in the woods, a big pile of mossy rocks, most the size of basketballs but some quite large. So I figure that this must have been an access road or path where they brought in and dumped rocks from the fields. So now it went low and slow from this point. Apparently my logic worked because halfway to the pile I hit the Merc. Then a few feet away I get a strong 3-27 signal. Ah hah! A bridle rivet with the leather still on. Then another, then a buckle!!! The pile of rocks yielded zipp! Plenty of iron there though as if they used it as a dump too.

During the 3 hours I was out I also found about a dozen shotgun headstamps, hoping of course they were nickels, a few buckyballs and the usual trash nearer the playground and picnic areas. But I made a big circle through the area which took me to what may be even older areas but may be very hard to hunt because of the terrain. I'll give it a try sometime in the future.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Yeeehaaa Ed great mercury,, rock pile to the rescue..keep em coming..  BeerYes
Nice early Merc!! Way to go!!!
Dime a day, keeps the blues away
Nice observations Ed, it payed off for sure! Glad to see you're getting out there and finding goodies still. Be careful if you do get to that rough terrain YesYes
Ed\odf, congratulations on the Mercury dime.
Love that new twist - to the old saying "A dime a day keeps the blues away" - too funny
Reference URL's