Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: just some pictures from today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Give the girlfriend the camera and here is what ya get. With 8 inches on the ground still hearing nails,, Very impressed with the T2SE. Got me 2 more ox shoes and yes the horse was around the area too,, more of my time is looking for spots to hit when spring comes. Something besides my permission,,the last picture is the dollar i hung on the tree i do that every now and again.  Going to keep a sharpie in my pouch to leave a note. Anyone else have a goofy detecting habbit?? Thanks for looking and stay warm if your on the east. HH gang[attachment=7620][attachment=7621][attachment=7622][attachment=7623][attachment=7624][attachment=7625][attachment=7626][attachment=7627][attachment=7628]
Cool pics!! I'd bet those are the pines I was telling you about. You get all that iron out of there and you may find the real goods! Of course you're cornering the market on oxen shoes!! Chuckle I don't think I'd ever attempt heading out in that depth of snow but I've been wrong before. As to the dollar on the tree, uhh nope!! I don't know whether it's relevant but I have come across "scores" of trees everywhere I go with smatterings of memorials and zincolns around them. Like you and your dollar I think a detectorist of the past left them there as a sign. If that's what it was then he/she missed a boatload of shiny!!! Or somebody in modern times got a kick out of pitching pennies at trees in the middle of nowhere!!

Ed
The dollar thing is cool... I might steal that from you.

It's sorta like giving back. Thanks
(02-10-2016 08:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Cool pics!! I'd bet those are the pines I was telling you about. You get all that iron out of there and you may find the real goods! Of course you're cornering the market on oxen shoes!! Chuckle I don't think I'd ever attempt heading out in that depth of snow but I've been wrong before. As to the dollar on the tree, uhh nope!! I don't know whether it's relevant but I have come across "scores" of trees everywhere I go with smatterings of memorials and zincolns around them. Like you and your dollar I think a detectorist of the past left them there as a sign. If that's what it was then he/she missed a boatload of shiny!!! Or somebody in modern times got a kick out of pitching pennies at trees in the middle of nowhere!!

Ed

Ed in this area of woods it was the back side of the fields. The pines your talking about was around 100 feet from where i was,,  ever get to mass i would be happy to show ya some spots but you might not find your silver. But maybe a ox shoe
Wow that's neat love the snow detecting I haven't even thought about going out in the snow Knee deep here will have to wait a while . Whats with the dollar bill was that in the tree or you left it for me
(02-10-2016 09:50 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Wow that's neat love the snow detecting I haven't even thought about going out in the snow Knee deep here will have to wait a while . Whats with the dollar bill was that in the tree or you left it for me

Stevo if you find it first it's yoursYesYes i have left at least $15 one dollar bills randomly in the woods in several spots i go.. Would like to see the face when someone finds it,,or will i get it back in ten years
Very interesting photo report Scott. You describe detecting as a passion and it shows up here. One of these days that passion is going to reward you big time. I can see it coming--a cache, a hoard, or something very rare. I won't be surprised when you uncover it.
Back on the 70's we used to dig so much cannonball shrapnel, it became a pain in the butt to haul around. We left pounds of it next to the trunks of trees.
I am sure it was a delight for those that hunted the area many many years after we did. We left stuff for future detectorists. We kept all buttons, coins, musketballs, gun parts we found........................ a lot of stuff we missed using those vintage machines.
but you just never know what you can find in the woods! Great photo's
Now THAT'S whatcha call a hardcore detectorist!!! You're better than the mailman, as I'm not sure if they go through snow anymore, lol.

And yes, I have a lot of goofball detecting habits, but none interesting enough to post about. However...

Here's something along this line that a detector dealer in NY used to do, which is pretty darned cool, and brought him a lot of business...

He would go to the popular beaches in the boroughs of NYC, and would bury 50 or 60 pill bottles in the sand, with each containing a modern penny & a note.

The penny was so metal detectors could hit on it. Well...

Whenever a detectorist was hunting these beaches, and found one of the pill bottles, they'd open it up to find the penny of course, and the note, which would read; "Courtesy of Metal Detecting Distributors. Redeem this for 25% off your next order."

A lot of guys got nice discounts, free stuff, and it was one of the best forms of advertising he ever did. And truth be told, if this happened to me and I found one, it would be a trip!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's