Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nice day to detect even if the ground isn't completely thawed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I went detecting today - first to check out two construction sites - both had fences and do not enter signs.
So, I went to a local park and was lucky enough to pull out three wheat cents (oldest was 1910 then a 26 and a 1941) - also found a bent 1965 Canadian cent and a small belt buckle. The rest was clad and scrap items these are not shown.
Very nice to see your able to get out and do some digging. Thanks for sharing
Tony, any day you get to detect, it's a great day. Grats on the wheats.
Happy for you BigT. It's always nice to get out and hunt; even better when you score-- like you did on the wheats.  Keep em coming.
Thanks guys, I did enjoy getting out. Some areas you can only get one inch or two. Other areas are really wet and muddy but if you look for sunny spots and some hill areas you can get down there about 6 inches or so. Wheats were about six inches down. The 1910 was in a hole with a big fat piece of iron. I pulled up the iron and said oh well I got fooled but stuck the pin pointer in and bang it rang off. Down another inch was the coin. After reading many post this past winter - if I dig up iron I will try the pin pointer before closing it up.
Good to see that you got out Big T! Ground here was like soft butter and weather was 62F, blue sky and sun!! Great day to detect! Spring is right around the corner!!

Ed
ODF\Ed, thanks and your right - spring is near by so fire up the batteries and get a move on!
Congrats on the old wheaties. I believe there is silver out there. Glad you were able to get out and hunt BigTony. GL HH!
updownup, that sounds like someone going to a Chatolic mass.....ha ha ha

Thanks I had fun but need to get to better spots soon
Way to persevere and get some goodies!
Reference URL's