Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 7 came in to the sunlight!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys and gals, I wanted to get back to the wheat garden I hit yesterday but there wasn't any parking in that area. So went to another park that had activity in the past.
Funny as I was detecting some guy told his son that I was looking for coins from when he went sledding there as a boy.....and he was right! So did I.....
This is a heavy trash area. Plenty of folks detected there over the years. So again - no brag - detecting is not easy and you really have to listen for the possible tone. Even then you get fooled and dig up keys - pieces of lead - screw caps and bolts and ah you get the picture.
I was lucky enough to pull out # 7 today - 1941 mercury dime and a toasted 1950 wheat cent. It was a short hunt maybe about two hours - or a little less.It was late in the afternoon and I got tires and cold.
One of the keys looks like it is from the 70's. It look similar to my old Chevy Impala car key.
Nice catch on the Merc Big T!! Yes You are so right about the junk in the ground! I dig a lot of nickels but I'd be willing to bet it's about 1 out of every five or six pull tabs and beaver tails! I work those areas real slow and eek out the best signal I can get. Sometimes it's a winner, and sometimes not! Glad you could get out.

Ed
Trash or treasure appreciate seeing whats being found. Nice hunt you had there and sweet merc HHYes
Good work getting the silver out of the trash Tony. They keep adding up for you.
I was tired and cold and dinner was on the table. I dressed up in layers and got our there - I can't wait for better weather because the moisture will come out of the soil and in trashy areas you can't determine the goodies as easy. That's a tip that I learned myself last spring!
Thanks guys - one at a time is ok by me because it means my machine and I are working just fine!
Good luck and get out there if you can
Nice merc, Tony Yes

Joe
Reference URL's