Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #14, 15 & 16 with Girl Scouts this time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went back in the woods again where I've been able to find some silver in the past. The roadblocks were down for that area and I got a real early start (9:30 am is early for me!). Out in a middle area I hit a great high tone about a half hour in but it was real jumpy. Couldn't target it well so I dug about a 12" diameter plug. Whatever it was, it pinpointered on high with the Garrett carrot further down near the side of the plug. Popped out another plug at the bottom of the first one and that 25S Merc was at the bottom, I'd say about 8" (11" Pro coil today!) Then hit the Girl Scout pin about 40 minutes later and scoured that area for an hour with absolutely nothing but screw caps and can tops. Kept moving and wound up in an area that had what really looked like an old walking trail, but now slightly overgrown. 15 minutes down that path hit the 44 Washington off the side of a tree root about 6" down. Meandering my way back to the parking area hit the good luck token, which is from a very popular amusement park that was shut down in the mid sixties. Both Deb and I have fond memories of the place from the grade school trips we took there. Then crossed a bridle path and went searching a flat and nicely wooded area, working the ravine edges first. Not five minutes in hit the 46 Rosie! It was getting seriously gray up in the sky and was around 3:30pm so I called it and headed back to the truck. I've been through this area many times with some great and zip results. Today was a good day and I was happy to be back at the truck and ready to head for home!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF

Did some digging on the GS Pin. Near as I can figure this is it. Courtesy: http://www.vintagegirlscout.com/pinevolution.html

As an added bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q09Qt665XA8
As a native Clevelander, I'd be very happy with that Euclid Beach Park token! Nice digs!
(03-09-2016 08:01 PM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]As a native Clevelander, I'd be very happy with that Euclid Beach Park token! Nice digs!

Thanks Nick!! Deb loved it! I never thought I'd ever find one from Euclid Beach! It makes me wonder though. In 50 years nobody will remember but we still have the memories!

Ed
Man that Merc was deep! Good job sniffing that one out. Love the GS pin too. Great hunt!
Killer job, Ed, you're doing very well...and the season is young Yes

Joe
Nice Job on #16 Eddie! Sweet Silver and a Sweet pin. Did well this outing. Wish you the best on the next! Good luck and happy hunting!
Now that's the Ed i know. Way to go bud saaweet finds.
Very Nice digs!!
Ed congratulations on the nice finds! You're off to a nice start. I have been under the weather, and not bunch going on here.
(03-10-2016 08:49 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Ed congratulations on the nice finds! You're off to a nice start. I have been under the weather, and not bunch going on here.

Thanks and I hope you're feeling better!!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's